National Students' Union of India
|Formation||April 9, 1971|
|Bharat Kumar, Amrita Dhawan, Kumar Raja, Mohit Sharma|
|Shahnawaz Shaikh, Gobind Khatra, Gulab Sinh Rajput, Nigam Bhandari, Bhushan Penchalwar, Maheshmurti Leni Sahebrao Jadhav|
The National Students' Union of India (NSUI) is the student wing of the Indian National Congress party, formed on 9 April 1971.
In order to become the member of NSUI, one must be under 27 years of age, must be a student, must be a citizen of India, must not be part of any other political organisation and must not have been convicted of any criminal activity in past. 
National Presidents of the NSUI
|P R Kumaramangalam||1971–74|
|G. Mohan Gopal||1974–76|
In 2013, the NSUI had several run-ins with police. In November, two members of the NSUI were injured by police as they attempted to submit a memorandum to the district magistrate. In late November, the NSUI filed a complain with the police against Madhu Kishwar, a writer who outed a journalist that had been allegedly sexually assaulted by Tarun Tejpal.
On 23 June 2011, NSUI members attacked and seriously injured the vice-chancellor of Gujarat Technological University. On 8 January 2013, several NSUI members hurled stoned at the RSS office in Rambagh area in Indore resulting into police arresting 7 of NSUI members.
- u Membership terms
- NSUI students lathicharged during protest at inspector's office
- NSUI files complaint against Kishwar for tweeting survivor's name in Tejpal case
- NSUI "politicising" the atmosphere of KU
- "To 'solve' their problems, NSUI assaults Gujarat Technological University V-C". DNA. 23 June 2011. Retrieved 2 May 2014.
- "Seven NSUI workers held after attack on RSS office in Indore". Business Standard. PTI. 9 January 2013. Retrieved 2 May 2014.
- National Students' Union of India official site
- Official All India Congress Committee website
- Official Indian National Congress website
|This India-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|