National Textile University
|Institute of Textile Technology since 1959, National College of Textile Engineering (NCTE) affiliated with University of Engineering and Technology, Lahore since 1976|
|Motto||"Innovate and Lead"|
|Rector||Prof. Dr. Tanveer Hussain|
|Chancellor||President of Pakistan|
|Undergraduates||1000 students (per annum)|
|Postgraduates||150 students (per annum)|
|Location||Faisalabad, Punjab, Pakistan|
|Affiliations||Pakistan Engineering Council, Higher Education Commission,National Computing Education Accreditation Council (NCEAC)|
|Website||NTU Official website|
|Innovate and Lead|
National Textile University, or NTU, is the premier institution of textile education in Pakistan. It was formerly known as National College of Textile Engineering affiliated with University of Engineering and Technology, Lahore since 1976.
The University campus is spread over an area of 62 Acres. The university is located in the outskirts of city of Faisalabad about 12 km from the city center on Sheikhupura road. The National Textile University is affiliated with National Computing Education Accreditation Council (NCEAC), Pakistan Engineering Council (PEC) and Higher Education Commission of Pakistan (HEC).
The idea of establishing a textile institute was conceived by a group of industrialists in 1954. To realize this idea the government of Punjab joined hands with textile industrialists to form the Institute of Textile Technology in Faisalabad (then Lyallpur) and provided sixty-two acres of state owned land free of cost. Kohinoor Industries, Colony Textile Mills, Dawood Foundation and Lyallpur Cotton Mills provided funds to the tune of Rs. 2.5 millions, which were utilized for the construction of building and provision of other infrastructure. The government of the UK provided the bulk of equipment and machinery, along with the services of experts under the Colombo Plan. Field Marshall Muhammad Ayub Khan, the then President of Pakistan, laid the foundation stone of the institute, on the 12th of October 1959. A Board of Trustees, with the Minister of Industries as chairman and nominees of the donor companies as members, was constituted to manage the affairs of the institute. In 1965 the institute was granted affiliation by the University of Engineering & Technology, Lahore, and it was renamed as National College of Textile Engineering. The first batch of graduate engineers was passed out in 1966. The Federal Cabinet on November 15, 2002 upgraded the college to National Textile University.
Faculty of Engineering & Technology
- Department of Yarn Manufacturing
- Department of Fabric Manufacturing
- Department of Textile Processing
- Department of Garment Manufacturing
- Department of Polymer Engineering
Faculty of Humanities & Social Sciences
Faculty of Sciences
Faculty of Management Sciences
The disciplines and the degree programs offered by NTU have been given below. The regular duration of BS and MS / M Phil degree programs is 4 and 2 years, respectively.
|BS,||MS / M Phil,|
|Textile Design & Technology|
|Fashion Design & Technology|
|Textile Management & Marketing|
|Advanced Materials Engineering|
- Spinning Society
- Society of Textile Chemist
- Garment Society
- Knitting Society
- Weaving Society
- Computer Science Society
- Textile Design Society
- Fashion Design Society
- Textile Management Society
- Executive Society
- Society of Polymer Engineering
- Technical Textile Society
- Arts & Culture Society
- Debating Club
- Literary Society
- NTU News Latter
- Character Building Societies
- "NTU Official Website - Publications Page".
- "Google maps of NTU". Google maps. Retrieved 25 July 2016.
- "NTU History". NTU Official Website. Retrieved 2016-07-06.
- "Department Of Textile Engineering". NTU official Website. Retrieved 2016-07-25.
- "Department Of Polymer Engineering". NTU official Website. Retrieved 2016-07-25.
- "Department Of Software Engineering". NTU official Website. Retrieved 2016-07-25.
- "Department Of Computer Science". NTU official Website. Retrieved 2016-07-25.
- "Department Of Apparel Merchandizing". NTU official Website. Retrieved 2016-07-25.
- "Department Of Textile Design & Technology". NTU official Website. Retrieved 2016-07-25.
- "Department Of Fashion Design & Technology". NTU official Website. Retrieved 2016-07-25.
- "Department Of Business Administration". NTU official Website. Retrieved 2016-07-25.
- "Department Of Textile Management & Marketing". NTU official Website. Retrieved 2016-07-25.
- "Department Of Advanced Materials Engineering". NTU official Website. Retrieved 2016-07-25.
- "Department Of Mathematics". NTU official Website. Retrieved 2016-07-25.