National Theatre of Opera and Ballet of Albania
|Address||Palace of Culture / Skanderbeg Square 9,|
|Current use||Opera and Ballet|
The National Theatre of Opera and Ballet of Albania (Albanian: Teatri Kombëtar i Operas dhe Baletit - TKOB) is a theatre in Tirana, Albania. It is the largest theatre in the country, and has two entities year round, music and dance.
The National Opera and Ballet Theatre was founded on 29 November 1953. It first operated within the building of the University of Arts of Albania and subsequently transferred into the Palace of Culture of Tirana building at the center of the city of Tirana. This theatre helped develop the capital's arts, which prior to that there was no place for performances. Since its inception, groups and orchestras have come from various countries in the communist bloc.
The Theatre reports to the Ministry of Culture, Youth, and Sports and is financed out of the state budget. Today, the Opera presents works by Albanian and international composers. Tickets can be purchased on-site. It employs 196 persons.
- List of concert halls
- Academy of Music and Arts of Albania
- Palace of Culture of Tirana
- National Gallery of Figurative Arts of Albania
- Ministry of Culture Youth and Sports. "OPERA AND BALLET THEATRE" (in Albanian). Albanian Government. Archived from the original on 21 November 2010. Retrieved 5 August 2010.
- Gillian Gloyer (17 July 2008). Albania: the Bradt Travel Guide. Bradt Travel Guides. p. 60. ISBN 978-1-84162-246-0. Retrieved 26 December 2012.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2016-10-09. Retrieved 2016-09-30.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)