National U.S. Collegiate Hurling Champions
The first ever U.S. National Collegiate Gaelic Athletic Association (NCGAA) hurling championship took place in 2011. Indiana University won the first championship, beating UC Berkeley 3-4 (13) to 1-6 (9). The University of Montana became the first team to win the championship back-to-back in 2014 and 2015.
The NCGAA Championship is held annually on Memorial Weekend. Winners of the U.S. NCGAA hurling championship include:
|2011||Indiana University||Gaelic Park, Chicago, IL|
|2012||Purdue University ||Treasure Island, San Francisco, CA|
|2013||University of California, Berkeley||Purdue, Indiana|
|2014||University of Montana, Missoula||Gaelic Park, New York|
|2015||University of Montana, Missoula||Missoula, Montana|
In 2014, a second lower division of the championship known as the Shield was introduced. The University of Pittsburgh won the Shield in 2014 and 2015.
- "Indiana win first NCGAA championship". Retrieved 19 June 2013.
- "Indiana University win first ever National Collegiate Hurling Championship in the U.S.". Retrieved 19 June 2013.
- "Hurling making a comeback". Retrieved 19 June 2013.
- "Purdue University win 2012 U.S. National Collegiate Hurling Championship". Retrieved 19 June 2013.
- "National Collegiate Gaelic Athletic Association". Retrieved 19 June 2013.
- "KPAX Sports". Retrieved 10 June 2014.
|This article related to sports in the United States is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|