National Defense University of Ukraine "Ivan Chernyakhovsky"
National Defense University of Ukraine "Ivan Chernyakhovsky" (NDUU) (Ukrainian: Національний університет оборони України імені Івана Черняховського, Natsionalnyi Universytet Oborony Ukrainy imeni Ivana Chernyakhovskoho) is a university of higher military education in Ukraine, located in its capital city of Kiev. Subordinated to the Ministry of Defence of Ukraine, the University is training officers specializing in the defense of the country.
The University was founded back in Russian Empire times as the 2nd Kyiv Military Infantry and Mykolaiv Military Artillery schools (Russian: Второе Киевское военное пехотное и Николаевское артиллерийское училища) and was opened in Kiev in 1914.
The history of formation and development of the National Defence University of Ukraine begins with the opening in city of Kyiv in 1914 the Second Kyiv Infantry and Mykolaiv Military Artillery schools. Kyiv is not accidentally chosen to accommodate an additional two military academies. In a military department within the Ministry of Defense building was located a large vacant piece of land, which in 1913 decided to withdraw for the construction of facilities for the Second Kyiv Military School and Mykolayiv Artillery School. The main building of the National Defence University of Ukraine is located in the premises of the main building 2nd Kiev Infantry School (1914-1918 year). For the purpose of building a new institution in 1914 was given 18 acres of land in the so-called "Cadet grove", which helped build the largest empire training ground for firing. The first set up schools (180 cadets) held on 15 October 1915. By the completion of the main academic building housed the cadets in the barracks next to it. Training in the new school building began in March 1917. In 1919, at the campus of the former cadet College by the Mykolayiv created the first artillery training courses for commanders to the Workers 'and Peasants' Red Army (RKKA, Red Army). Next June 16, 1920 order of the Southwestern Front courses are named Kiev Fourth Artillery courses.
The Department for reserve officers of the National Defence University of Ukraine is recruiting students for training program for reserve officers to military occupational specialties: " Logistic support for the troops ," " Mathematical and the maintenance of the automated systems ," " Social Psychology ", " Political Science" ; "Finance and Economics," " Construction and operation of military and special structures ," "Application of engineering and engineering - engineering units."
History of the NDUU
- 1914-1917 . - Nikolaev artillery and military academies.
- 1919-1920 - The first artillery training courses for commanders to the Ukrainian Soviet Red Army.
- 1920-1935 - Fourth Kiev Artillery Officer Training Course
- 1935-1937 - Kiev Artillery School.
- 1937-1958 - Kiev Artillery School. Presidium of the Supreme Soviet of the USSR 22 February 1941 the school was given the name Kirov Artillery school, it was also awarded the Order of the Red Banner.
- In the days of the Great Patriotic War in July 1941, the school was relocated to Krasnoyarsk (Russia) and returned to Kyiv only in September 1944
- 1958-1974 - Kiev Higher Artillery Engineering Order of Lenin Red Banner School. Kirov Ground Forces Air Defense Branch Academy USSR (KVAIU). Outdoor Parkhomenko, 21 was located Branch - Department of Foreign KVIAU and technical base. In the second half of the 1970s they became the basis for the newly created Kiev higher anti-aircraft missile engineering school (KVZRIU)
- 1974-1977 - Air Defense Branch of the Land Forces Military Artillery Academy. Kalinin.
- 1977-1980 - Military Defense Academy Kiev
- 1980-1992 - Military Academy of Army Air Defense Forces named for A. Vasilevsky
- 1992-1999 - Based KVZRIU and KVTIU created Kyiv Institute of the Army.
- 1992-1998 - Academy of the Armed Forces of Ukraine.
- 1998-2008 - National Defence Academy of Ukraine.
- 1999-2002 - The Academy comprises Military Institute managing engineering staff
- 2008 – 2013 - National Defence University of Ukraine.
- in 2013, the University was named after the famous Soviet General of the Army, twice Hero of the Soviet Union, commander of the 3rd Belorussian Front Ivan Chernyakhovsky.
Structure of the University
- Administration of the University.
- Head of the National Defence University of Ukraine.
- Deputy Head of the University.
- Scientific and Methodological Center (organization of educational activities).
- Scientific and Methodological Center (organization of scientific and technological activities).
- Administrative Office.
- Department of International Military Cooperation.
- Financial and economic management.
- Department of information security and cryptology.
- Department of educational work.
- Department personnel.
- Publishing Department.
- Legal Department.
- Department of Communications and Information Systems.
- Fire Protection Services.
- Medical Service.
- Service safety.
- Service Division troops.
- Department of armaments.
- Department of logistics.
- Department operation and maintenance funds.
- Military training course of officer reserve(military department)
- Holm, Michael. "Military Academy of Air Defence Forces". www.ww2.dk. Retrieved 2016-06-23.