National Voices for Equality, Education and Enlightenment
This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Founded||2009 in South Florida|
|Focus||Bullying and Teen Suicide Prevention|
|Method||Education, Workshops, National Campaigns|
|Jowharah Sanders (Executive Director, Founder)|
Jeffrey Rubinstein, Esq. (Chairman of the Board, Founding Board Member)
National Voices for Equality, Education and Enlightenment (NVEEE) established in October 2009, is a community-based 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization whose mission is to prevent bullying, violence, and suicide among youth, families and communities through direct service, mentoring and prevention education.
Locally in South Florida, NVEEE has created partnerships with:
- NBC6 Neighbors for Neighbors, aired on September 16, 2011
- University of Miami School of Education
- Florida International University College of Law
- Barry University School of Nursing
- Kids in Distress and the YES Institute 
The NVEEE family consists of mothers, fathers, sons, and daughters, who are not simply "concerned" about today's youths, but who have taken the first step in refusing to be bystanders - instead leaders. NVEEE's goal is to prevent bullying and victimization, whether it is by peer-on-peer ignorance, bystanderism, or institutional intolerance.
To prevent bullying, violence, and suicide among youth, families and communities through direct service, mentoring and prevention education.
"NVEEE’s vision is to represent a NATION of VOICES by advocating for the prevention of victimization, and envisions EQUALITY in our communities, raised through EDUCATION and awareness, to build a future of ENLIGHTENMENT where youths can live without the fear of persecution".
NVEEE was established to empower communities and facilitate open communication surrounding increasing levels of bullying, violence, and suicide among students of all ages, ethnicities, and identities.
Not On My Watch Anti-Bullying Campaign
The signature ‘Not on My Watch’ Pledge is a part of NVEEE's Anti-Bullying Campaign where communities students, teachers, community leaders and politicians nationwide are asked to get involved in the efforts to end school violence by not being a bystander.
- Bob Kecskemety (May 20, 2010). "NVEEE Reaches Out to Young Victims of Hate". Florida Agenda. Retrieved 2011-07-15.
- Audrey Barnes (June 6, 2011). "Organization, Victims Speak Out Against Bullying". Fox D.C. Retrieved 2011-07-15.
- Terry Shropshire (June 10, 2011). "Omari Hardwick, Morris Chestnut Power Anti-Bullying Event, Fundraiser". Rolling Out. Retrieved 2011-07-15.
- Comcast Newsmakers (June 18, 2011). "NVEEE on Comcast Newsmakers for CNN Headline News". CNN Headline News. Retrieved 2011-07-15.
- Associated Press (October 28, 2010). "National anti-bullying group blasts anti-gay Facebook rant". Boston Herald. Retrieved 2011-07-15.