National Wen-Hua Senior High School
|Taichung Municipal Wen-Hua Senior High School
The Emblem of WHSH
|No.240, Ningxia Rd., Xitun Dist.
|Established||1 July 1989|
|Principal||薛光豐 GuangFeng, Xue|
|Grades||Grade 10 to 12|
|Number of students||2,407 (2011)|
|Campus size||36,722 m²|
|Team name||WHSH Baseball Team
WHSH Dance Team
WHSH Basketball Team
|Newspaper||HuaYu Gazette 華榆|
|Taichung Municipal Wen-Hua Senior High School|
The Taichung Municipal Wen-Hua Senior High School is one of the most prestigious senior high schools of Taiwan area located in Taichung City. It was founded by the Taiwan Provincial Government on July 1, 1989. WHSH has been accredited by the Ministry of Education (Republic of China) as the First Tier High School.
Taichung Municipal Wen-Hua Senior High School is named after the moral "Inheriting the Chinese culture and prospering great China." (simplified Chinese: 「承传文化 振兴中华」; traditional Chinese: 「承傳文化 振興中華」)The idea of school name is also taken from the Chinese Imperial School, Wen-Hua Palace （文華殿）in the Forbidden City.
The school is close to the National Museum of Natural Science, Taichung City Government, and Taichung International Gateway District. An under construction Taichung Metro station called WHSH Station（文華高中站）is next to the school.
Most of graduate students choose to go further in higher education. With above average scores in College Entrance Examination, students graduated from WHSH usually have a high admission rate to the first-tier universities. Some of the students also choose to study in Mainland China or the United States and Europe.
Wen-Hua Senior High School is one of the remarkable high schools national wide. It is also a well-known member of the Four Provincial Schools （四省中）in Taichung area. From 2015, WHSH and other four famous high schools in Taichung have established the Taichung Big 5 affiliation.
The school provides excellent STEM courses, humanities courses, and Dancing courses in national standard. The Club of Chinese Music, Ya Feng Guoyue（雅風國樂社）is one of the top high school musical performance groups in Taiwan.
WHSH is one of the youngest schools in Taiwan and it is also the only school of the "Four Schools" established after the World War II period.
- WHSH has established in 1989 to fulfill the strong need of intermediate education because of the explosive population growth in great Taichung area. It was named Taiwan Provincial Taichung Wen-Hua Senior High School as it was first founded.
- In 2000, due to the "Government Reformation," the school was managed by the central government under Ministry of Education, and renamed National Wen-Hua Senior High School.
- United States
- Osaka Prefectural Minoo High School
- Osaka Prefectural Tennoji High School
- South Korea
- Sejong Global High School
- Seoul Global High School
- "Accreditation Result under Primary and Junior High School Reformation Project: National Taichung Wen-Hua Senior High School" (in Chinese). Taipei: Ministry of Education, Republic of China. 2011-04-28.
- XunMing, Wang (2014-10-15). "Featured Schools: National Taichung Wen-Hua Senior High School - Excellence and Leading" (PDF) (in Chinese). Taipei: Ministry of Education, Republic of China.
- "Fujian Province Seek to Establish Six Cross-Strait Centers of Dancing Art in Three Years" (in Chinese). Beijing: Taiwan Affairs Office of the State Council. 2015-03-16.