National Bank of the Republic of Macedonia
|Central bank of||Republic of Macedonia|
MKD (ISO 4217)
The National Bank of the Republic of Macedonia (Macedonian: Народна банка на Република Македонија, translit. Narodna Banka na Republika Makedonija, NBRM) is the central bank of Macedonia, located in the capital city, Skopje.
The current Governor of the NBRM is Dimitar Bogov, since May 21, 2011.
The NBRM performs the following functions:
- establish and conduct monetary policy;
- regulate liquidity in the international payments;
- establish and conduct the Denar;
- handle and manage foreign exchange reserves;
- regulate the payment system;
- grant founding and operating license to a bank and a savings house and supervise the banks and savings houses;
- grant a licence for performing services of prompt money transfer and supervise the operations of the entities performing services of prompt money transfer in accordance with a law;
- grant operating licenses to foreign exchange bureaus and supervise their operations in accordance with the law;
- issue banknotes and coins;
- perform activities for the account of the central government and the government administration bodies.
- Economy of Europe
- Economy of the Republic of Macedonia
- List of banks in the Republic of Macedonia
- List of central banks
- Macedonian Denar
- (in Macedonian) (in English) National Bank of the Republic of Macedonia official site, www.nbrm.mk