Nationalist Congress Party
|Founded||25 May 1999|
|Split from||Indian National Congress|
|Headquarters||10, Bishmabhar Marg, New Delhi, India-110001|
|Student wing||Nationalist Student Congress|
|Youth wing||Nationalist Youth Congress|
|Women's wing||Nationalist Mahila Congress|
|ECI Status||National Party|
|National convener||Sharad Pawar|
|Seats in Lok Sabha||
6 / 545
|Seats in Rajya Sabha||
5 / 245
The NCP was formed on 25 May 1999, by Sharad Pawar, P. A. Sangma, and Tariq Anwar after they were expelled from the Indian National Congress (INC) on 20 May 1999, for disputing the right of Italian-born Sonia Gandhi to lead the party. At the time of formation, the party also absorbed Indian Congress (Socialist), which traced its origins to anti-coalition partner in the state of Maharashtra in alliance with INC. On 20 June 2012, P. A. Sangma quit the NCP to contest in presidential polls.
The Election Symbol of NCP is an analogue clock that reads 10:10. The clock is drawn in blue and has two legs and an alarm button. It is situated on a tri-coloured Indian flag. This symbol used by the NCP is prominent and denotes that the NCP will keep fighting for its principles throughout, no matter how difficult the situation. The Nationalist Congress Party represents the thoughts and concerns of the common man. It symbolizes the ideals of speaking on behalf of the ordinary citizens of India. In this, the NCP must carry on its good work among the masses and for them, throughout the year, as the symbol signifies. This way, it will uphold the true traditions of India's greatest leaders who gave India its independence.
Ideology and Policies
The NCP stands for upholding the democratic secular society along with equality, social justice and unity in the nation. It believes that the integrity of India can be achieved by strengthening federalism and decentralizing power up to the village level. It believed in empowering the weaker sections of the society, especially the Scheduled Castes, Scheduled Tribes and the OBCs. NCP is a strong proponent of the universal disarmament policies, which alone can bring in peace in the country. NCP believes that economic growth in the country can be achieved only through competition, self-reliance, individual initiatives which cater to the demands of social justice and non-discrimination. It believes in eradicating unemployment, starvation, communalism, exploitation from the society.
Presence in Various States
Though primarily based in the state of Maharashtra, the NCP has gradually gained prominence in states such as Assam, Gujarat, Bihar, Rajasthan, Andhra Pradesh, Madhya Pradesh and West Bengal. It is even present in the Union territory of Andaman and Nicobar Islands. Its a National Party.
- Shri. Sharad Pawar, Ex. Minister of Agriculture, Ex. Minister of Defense, Leader of Opposition in the Lok Sabha from 1998-2000. 4-times Chief Minister of Maharashtra
- Shri. Tariq Anwar Member of Parliament for Katihar, Former Minister of State for Agriculture Gov. of India & NCP General Secretary,
- Shri. Praful Patel, Former Civil Aviation Minister, Ex. Minister for Heavy Industries, Govt of India
- Shri. Devi Prasad Tripathi, NCP General Secretary & Chief Spokesperson
- Shri. Padamsinh Bajirao Patil, Ex. Home,Irrigation,Energy and State Excise Minister, Deputy Speaker, Deputy Leader Of Opposition, Member Of Parliament (Ajit Pawar's Brother in Law) was state president of Congress (S). MLA from 1978-2009 Maharashtra
- Shri. Ajit Pawar, Ex. Deputy Chief Minister of Maharashtra. (Sharad Pawar's nephew), Ex. Minister of WRD
- Shri. Sunil Tatkare, Ex. State President of Party Maharashtra. Ex. Minister of WRD
- Shri. Vijaysingh Mohite-Patil, Senior Leader, Ex. Deputy Chief Minister of Maharashtra & Ex. Minister of Rural Development & Tourism, EX. PWD Minister, Chairman, Alcohol Manufacturers Association of India, Chairman-State Sugar committee. MP Loksabha 2014 Madha
- Late. Shri. R. R. Patil, Ex. Deputy Chief Minister of Maharashtra, Ex. Home Minister, Ex. Minister of Rural Development
- Shri. Chhagan Bhujbal, Ex. Deputy Chief Minister & Ex. Minister of Public Works
- Shri. Dilip Walse-Patil, Ex. Speaker of Maharashtra Vidhan Sabha, Ex. Higher Education Minister
- Shri. Ganesh Naik, Ex. Minister of Excise, Environment and Labour.
- Shri. Bhaskar Jadhav, Ex. Labor Minister Maharashtra.
- Shri. Udayanraje Bhosale, The 13th direct descendant of the Maratha king Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj and MP Loksabha 2009 & 2014, Satara
- Shri. Jayant Patil, Ex. Minister for Rural Development, Ex. Finance Minister, Maharashtra.
- Mrs. Dr Fouzia Khan (National President of Nationalist Mahila Congress, NCP's Women's Wing) / Ex. Minister of State Maharashtra.
- Shri. Uzhavoor Vijayan (State President Kerala)
- Shri. Mohammed Faizal P. P. (Loksaba member at Lakshadweep and NCP chief whip)
- Shri. Dhananjay Munde, Leader of Opposition in Maharashtra Legislative Council
- Shri. Nawab Malik, National Spokesperson of Nationalist Congress Party / Ex-MLA From Anushakti Nagar Constituency / Ex-Minister in Maharashtra
- Mrs. Supriya Sule, MP Loksabha 2009 & 2014 Baramati (Sharad Pawar's daughter)
- Dr. Rajendra Shingne, Former MLA and Minister for Health and Family Welfare 2009, Minister of State for Revenue, Minister of State for Education . Sindkhed Raja
- Mrs. Chitra Wagh (State President of Maharashtra Pradesh Nationalist Mahila Congress, NCP's Women's Wing) / Ex. Member of Women's Commission Maharashtra.
There are many prominent leaders in Mumbai.
- Adv Jalaluddin Sayed.Minority,
- Narendra Verma. National Committee
- Kiran Pawaskar. MLC
- Sudhakar Wadeh. Maharashtra General Secretary/ Ex Member Mahada
- Milind Anna Kamble. Ex MLA
- Furkan Shaikh.Mumbai Joint Secretary, Nationalist Student Congress
- Sabir Malik, Youth Leader
- Shri. Rajeev Jha, national President Nationalist Youth Congress
- Shri. Chand Babu Rehman, National General Secretary Nationalist Youth Congress
- Shri. Niranjan Davkhare.MLA/Maharashtra Nationalist Youth Congress President
- Shri. Sangram Kote Patil, Maharashtra Student President Nationalists Student Congress (NSC)
- Shri. Sachin Ahir NCP Mumbai City President / Ex State Minister
- Shri Ajay Munde, Voice President national Congress Party National Congress Party
- Shri. Sanjay Dina Patil. Ex Member of Parliament.
- Shri. Sabir Nawab Malik, Youth leader
- Shri. Furkan Shaikh, Student leader
- Er. Zafar Alam, Bihar NCP 
- Shri. Gause pathan, Maharashtra student Leader, Nationalist Student Congress (NSC)
- Adv. M. S. Ajithkumar (Former All India General Secretary, Nationalist Students Congress)
- "List of Political Parties and Election Symbols main Notification Dated 18.01.2013" (PDF). India: Election Commission of India. 2013. Retrieved 9 May 2013.
- "Sangma meets Sonia Gandhi, first time in a decade". The Times of India, 2 June 2009.
- "I have quit NCP, will contest presidential polls: PA Sangma". 29 June 2012.