Nationlink (interbank network)
Nationlink is an interbank network and EFTPOS network in the Philippines. Unlike the main existing interbank networks, which are BancNet, ENS, Expressnet and MegaLink, Nationlink is not expected to compete with those networks. Instead, it seeks to complement those networks by extending the reach of ATMs in the countryside, as the main networks are largely concentrated in urban areas. Its closest competitor is the Encash Network Service.
Nationlink's members consist mostly of savings banks, credit unions, rural banks, cooperatives and non-governmental organizations, and is largely concentrated in rural areas, where the reach of ATMs are more limited than in the cities. The network focuses heavily on the overseas Filipino worker (OFW) market, since many OFWs and their dependents hail from the provinces. It also intends provide services previously unavailable in more remote areas of the Philippines, such as real-time remittance transfers and electronic bank account access.
The network is also the first Philippine interbank network to depend largely on wireless communications, relying on a new product called Shops Work Unplugged (SWUP), a product offered by the Philippine Long Distance Telephone Company (PLDT). Nationlink ATMs have built-in wireless modems which communicate with the PLDT landline telephone network wirelessly. Through SWUP, the network can install ATMs almost anywhere.
The network debuted in Davao City on May 18, 2006, and is supported by PLDT, Microsoft, Intel and Diebold, as well as other companies. It presently has twenty ATMs, with plans to launch an additional 150. It had forged an alliance with BancNet so Nationliink customers can enjoy withdrawals in BancNet ATM's the first in the country
- AGDAO MULTI-PURPOSE COOPERATIVE (AMPC)
- AURORA INTEGRATED MULTI-PURPOSE COOPERATIVE (AIMCOOP)
- BASEY-1 MULTI-PURPOSE COOPERATIVE
- RURAL BANK OF BATO, INC.
- BASAK LAYOG MULTI-PURPOSE COOPERATIVE, INC. (BLAMPCI)
- ALALAY SA KAUNLARAN, INC. (ASKI)
- RURAL BANK OF CANTILAN, INC. (CANTILAN BANK; powered by BancNet, of which is a proud member)
- PEOPLES BANK OF CARAGA
- CATMON COOP
- COOP BANK OF TARLAC, INC.
- COMMUNITY RURAL BANK OF DAPITAN, INC.
- GUBAT ST. ANTHONY COOPERATIVE, INC. (GSAC)
- RURAL BANK OF HILONGOS, INC.
- RURAL BANK OF HINDANG, INC.
- RURAL BANK OF KORONADAL
- HOLY CHILD MULTI-PURPOSE COOPERATIVE (HCMPC)
- LOAY MULTI-PURPOSE COOPERATIVE
- COOPERATIVE BANK OF QUEZON PROVINCE, INC. (CBQ)
- NORTH EAST WEST SOUTH MULTI-PURPOSE COOPERATIVE (NEWS-MPC)
- RURAL BANK OF NORZAGARAY, INC.
- METRO ORMOC CREDIT COOPERATIVE, INC. (OCCCI)
- OPTIMUM DEVELOPMENT BANK (ODB)
- PALAWAN SAVINGS BANK
- PALOMPON COMMUNITY COOPERATIVE, INC. (PACCI-MPC)
- PERPETUAL HELP COMMUNITY COOPERATIVE (PHCCI Dumaguete)
- PERPERTUAL HELP CREDIT COOPERATIVE, INC. (PHCCI-Tacloban)
- PINTUYAN NATIONAL VOCATION SCHOOL (PNVS)
- RURAL BANK OF DATU PAGLAS, INC.
- RURAL BANK OF DULAG, INC.
- RURAL BANK OF GATTARAN, INC.
- RURAL BANK OF JAMINDAN, INC.
- RURAL BANK OF PARACALE, INC.
- STA. CRUZ DEVELOPMENT COOPERATIVE (SACDECO)
- RURAL BANK OF SAN MATEO, INC. (RBSMI)
- ST. PETER AND PAUL MULTI-PURPOSE COOPERATIVE (SPMPC)
- TAYABAS COMMUNITY MULTI-PURPOSE COOPERATIVE (TCMC)
- RURAL BANK OF ZAMBALES, INC
- BARANGKA CREDIT COOPERATIVE
- Philippine Daily Inquirer article on the launch of Nationlink
- Philippine Star article on the launch of Nationlink
- Manila Times article on the launch of Nationlink
|Philippine interbank networks|
|BancNet | ENS | Expressnet | MegaLink | Nationlink|