Native Ryme Syndicate
|Native Ryme (Syndicate)|
|Origin||Brisbane, Queensland, Australia|
Native Ryme Syndicate is a Brisbane based rap group. Native Ryme Syndicate won a Deadly award in 1998 for Most Promising New Talent. They were the first Australian urban music group to the elite music festivals and have played with Spiderbait, Regurgitator and 28 Days as well as at the Big Day Out and Livid festivals. Named as one of the best unknown rap/hip-hop music groups in the World by Grammy Award winning US group Naughty By Nature (Tour 2004). The group are known today as Native Ryme. Native Ryme are releasing their debut full length album in 2013 after 19 years since formation.
- Native Ryme Syndicate (2006)
- Hobart Mercury, 10 September 2004, "Teenagers rapt in tapping rap" by Damien McIntyre
- Billboard, 7 April 2001, "World rap-up" by Christine Eliezer
- Sydney Morning Herald, 20 October 1998, "Winners"
- Port Douglas & Mossman Gazette, 20 November 2003, "Rapt in rap"