This article may require cleanup to meet Wikipedia's quality standards. The specific problem is: The references are incorrect and need wikifying (March 2015) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Native Taiwanese may refer to descendants of:
- people who migrated to Taiwan prior to the 1945 takeover by the Republic of China from Japanese rule;[dubious ] or
- early Han Chinese migrants to Taiwan to the exclusion of Taiwanese Aborigines.
- Taiwanese aborigines
The first two usages are similar to the Chinese usage of benshengren (Chinese: 本省人; literally: "people of this province") in Taiwan. The third is similar to other English terms like "Native American".
- https://www.state.gov/r/pa/ei/bgn/35855.htm More than 18 million, the "native" Taiwanese, are descendants of Chinese who migrated from Fujian and Guangdong Provinces on the mainland, primarily in the 18th and 19th centuries.
- Such as "Commission for Native Taiwanese Affairs" in Taipei City http://www.taiwan-panorama.com/en/show_issue.php?id=199668506108E.TXT&table=2&h1=Ethnicity%20and%20Culture&h2=Taiwanese%20Aborigines
- Liu Shao-hua (29 Aug 2000). "Genes, ethics and Aborigines". Taipei Times. p. 2.
- Tzeng, Shih-jung (2009). From Honto Jin to Bensheng Ren- the Origin and Development of the Taiwanese National Consciousness. Lanham, Md.: University Press of America. ISBN 0761844716.
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Native Taiwanese.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.