Natividad Medical Center
|Natividad Medical Center|
|Location||1441 Constitution Blvd, 93906-3100, Salinas, California, USA|
|Affiliated university||University of California, San Francisco|
|Emergency department||Level II Trauma Center|
|Helipad||(FAA LID: 5CL4)|
Natividad Medical Center (NMC) is a 172-bed acute-care teaching hospital located in Salinas, California. The hospital is owned and operated by Monterey County and the hospital's emergency department receives approximately 52,000 visits per year.
As the safety-net hospital providing healthcare to the residents of Monterey County for over 129 years, Natividad provides healthcare access to all patients regardless of their ability to pay. The hospital operates with a medical staff of over 300 physicians and has several specialty clinics and outpatient primary care clinics operated by the Monterey County Health Department.;
Natividad Medical Center is a Level II Trauma Center providing the immediate availability of specialized personnel, equipment, and services to treat the most severe and critical injuries.
Natividad is the only teaching hospital on the Central Coast, through its affiliation with the University of California, San Francisco (UCSF). Recognized nationally and internationally as a model program, Natividad’s Family Medicine Residency Program is postgraduate training for physicians specializing in family medicine. About 1/3 of the graduates remain on the central coast to establish a practice.
Natividad is fully accredited by The Joint Commission and is governed by a Board of Trustees, under the guidance of the Monterey County Board of Supervisors.
NMC is fully accredited by the American College of Surgeons as a comprehensive bariatric surgery center. Natividad Medical Center is accredited by the Joint Commission. In 2015, the hospital was formally designated as a level II trauma center.
Highlights of Natividad
- Safety net hospitals like Natividad make up only 21 of California’s more than 450 hospitals and health care systems, provide 40% of all hospital care for California’s uninsured, and train more than half of all new doctors in the state.
- Natividad’s Level II Trauma Center is a vital local community service that saves lives and eliminates the need to fly critically injured patients to a distant trauma center.
- Natividad has more than 52,000 Emergency Department visits each year, one-third of which are children.
- Natividad’s comprehensive women’s health program delivers more than 2,200 newborns each year. It is a model birthing program, tailored to the individual needs of all women, including vaginal birth after cesarean section (VBAC).
- The Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU) affiliated with UCSF Benioff Children Hospital has a Level III designation from the California Department of Health, meets the strictest criteria, and is staffed and equipped to care for critically ill infants.
- The Sam Karas Acute Rehabilitation Center at Natividad offers the highest quality and most comprehensive level of rehabilitation health care for patients, aiming to promote independence and lessen the dependence on families and social care.
- Natividad’s bariatric weight loss program is equipped with the latest technology in weight loss surgery and is fully accredited by the American College of Surgeons MBSAQIP.
- Inpatient and outpatient surgical services are provided by highly-skilled surgeons and nursing staff in upgraded and modern operating suites. State-of-the-art laparoscopic surgeries available include: bariatric surgery, colon and rectal surgery, kidney surgery, Nissen fundoplication, cryoablation renal tumor, and Heller myotomy.
- The D’Arrigo Family Specialty Services offers a wide range of specialty care including: audiology, cardiology, colon rectal surgery, dermatology, gastroenterology, general surgery, hematology/oncology, nephrology, neurology, neurosurgery, OB/GYN, orthopedics, pediatric cardiology, pediatric gastroenterology, pediatric orthopedics, podiatry, pulmonary, sports medicine, trauma services, urology, and vascular thoracic surgery.
- Natividad specializes in family medicine offering comprehensive primary care and obstetrics, minor outpatient surgical procedures, vaccinations, well-child and adult care, physical exams, and referrals to specialty services.
- The Diabetes Education Center offers outpatient services to children and adults with diabetes Type 1, Type 2, gestational diabetes, and pre-diabetes. Outpatient services include individual counseling and education, group counseling and education, community presentations and outreach.
- Natividad houses the Sally P. Archer Child Advocacy Center & Bates-Eldredge Clinic, Monterey County’s only child maltreatment clinic. Professionals at the Center provide developmentally sensitive and legally sound child forensic interviews and forensic medical examinations to assist in the investigation and criminal prosecution of child abuse cases.
- Natividad offers the NIDO (Natividad Immunology Division Outpatient) Clinic, a comprehensive disease and HIV/AIDS clinic which provides primary care, HIV testing and counseling, laboratory, case management, health education, behavioral health, and outreach services.
Graduate medical education
- "Natividad Medical Center". OSHPD Healthcare Atlas. 2016.
- "About Us". Natividad Medical Center. Retrieved 16 January 2015.
- "Centers MBSAQIP". California. American College of Surgeons. Retrieved 16 January 2015.
- "Natividad Medical Center Bariatric Surgery Center Receives Accreditation from the ACS Bariatric Surgery Center Network". Natividad Medical Center. Retrieved 16 January 2015.
- "Natividad Medical Center". Summary of Accreditation Quality Information. The Joint Commission. Retrieved 17 January 2015.
- Jim Johnson (5 January 2015). "Natividad, Monterey County officials take trauma center victory lap". Santa Cruz Sentinel. Retrieved 16 January 2015.
- "Family Medicine Residency Program". Natividad Medical Center. Retrieved 16 January 2015.
|This article relating to a hospital in California is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|