AXIS Telekom Indonesia
This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Menara DEA II
(Chief Technology Officer)
|Products||AXIS Pro, Internet Gaul, AXISnet|
AXIS launched its services in April 2008. AXIS is the fastest growing national GSM mobile operator in Indonesia. The company provides 2G, 3G and BlackBerry Services nationwide and covers the world through 382 international roaming partners in 159 countries.
AXIS aims to make mobile voice, sms, data and content services available and affordable to all in Indonesia. The brand first launched service in 2008 and introduced a different approach in the marketing of its products and service offerings by being simple, easy to understand and straightforward with its tariff plans. The company also challenges the market norm by providing honest offers without hidden terms and conditions.
Products and Services
AXIS' pre-paid and post paid GSM services are the most affordable, reliable and transparent in the market and include:
- Quality GSM Voice, SMS, MMS, and internet service
- AXIS ‘Internet for the People’ consists of the following packages:
- Best Saving Internet service (Pay per Use)
- AXIS Pro
- Internet Gaul
- International direct dial, VOIP and Roaming services to more than 410 operators in almost 170 countries
- 3G and HSPA+ enabled Internet connectivity for the home and on the move
- "AXIS Worry-Free" BlackBerry services – offered as flexible daily, weekly or monthly packages
AXIS is backed by two leading international communications companies:
- Saudi Telecom Company (STC), the largest network and infrastructure mobile services company in Middle East and North Africa. The company also owns telecommunications operators in Kuwait, Bahrain, India, Malaysia, Turkey, and South Africa
- Maxis Communications Berhad (Maxis), the leading mobile communications services provider in Malaysia
- Axiata Group
Currently AXIS has more than 80% population coverage in Indonesia, covering Sumatra, Java, Bali, Lombok, Kalimantan and Sulawesi and also available in more than 400 cities across the country. AXIS HSPA+ Service is now able to be enjoyed in major cities in Java Island including Jabodetabek, Serang, Cilegon, Bandung, Semarang, Jogjakarta, Solo, and will be continued to other major cities.
- February, AXIS launched new corporate campaign "Getting Closer to the People" or Makin Dekat dengan Rakyat
- May, AXIS launched ‘AXIS Box’, the first FREE cloud service for customers
- January – February, AXIS Road to Java Jazz Festival 2011 is held in 31 Cities throughout Indonesia discovering refresh new musical talent
- February, launched AXIS - Arema Community starter pack providing various benefits at affordable rates to millions of Arema Football Clubs throughout Indonesia
- March, Third year title sponsorship of AXIS Jakarta International Java Jazz Festival
- April, AXIS Shop openings in Kalimantan Region
- June, AXIS Launched AXIS Broadband, the mobile broadband service with the latest HSPA technology
- June, official company’s name change to PT AXIS Telekom Indonesia (AXIS)
- September, AXIS Organized “Healthy Life with AXIS School Community” Program, part of AXIS Corporate Social Responsibility which promotes healthy lifestyle and internet use as well as stimulate entrepreneurship spirits amongst High School Students
- November, Bank Sinar Harapan Bali and AXIS Launch Mobile Banking Service
- December, AXIS sponsored So-Me Play Ground, the biggest social media party in Indonesia
- January, Commercial service launch in Aceh and Southern Sumatera
- February, AXIS Post-paid service launch
- March, Second year sponsorship of AXIS Jakarta International Java Jazz Festival
- April, launched innovative "spend and get" sms and data products offering the best value for money in Indonesia
- July, Commercial service launch in Kalimantan and Sulawesi, further extending its national footprint
- October, completed reconstructing a school and community health facilities in Padang Pariaman, West Sumatera, as part of AXIS CSR program
- January, Launched first green BTS (solar cell power) in Minas Barat, Sumatera and a hydrogen fuel cell powered BTS in Sei Mencirim, Deli Serdang, North Sumatera
- March, Inaugural title sponsor of AXIS Jakarta International Java Jazz Festival
- April, Commercial service launch in West Sumatera Region
- June, Launched AXIS Worry-Free BlackBerry service
- October, Second sponsorship of AXIS Jakarta International Soulnation Festival
- November, Formed innovative partnership which enabled AXIS to extend its national reach into Sumatera
- December, sealed a National Roaming arrangement with a national GSM operator covering Sumatera, Kalimantan and Sulawesi, a first of such arrangements in the country.
- February, Commercial service launch in East Java Region
- March, Commercial service launch in West Java Region
- April, Jabodetabek Grand Launch
- June, Launched disruptive promotional campaign Rp1 per call and commercial service launch in Central Java Region
- July, Commercial service launch in Bali and Lombok
- August, Launched Islamic Community product "AXIS Salam" followed by commercial service launch in Northern Sumatera Region i.e. Medan, Batam and Pekanbaru
- October, Inaugural sponsor of AXIS Jakarta International Soulnation Festival
- December, Launched AXIS data plan and data card "AKSES"
- Dec, Won "Best GSM Operator" by Forsel Magazine
- May, Won “Best Marketing Program” for three consecutive years in Selular Award 2012
- February, AXIS USD 1.2 billion funding received "Deal of The Year" in Euromoney Islamic Finance Awards 2012
- April, Won “Best Marketing Program” and “Best Mobile Data Service for GSM” in 2011 Selular Award
- May, Wins “Best Growth Story of the Year” at the TMT Finance and Investments Middle East 2011 conference, in recognition of AXIS’ achievement for 2010 in terms of growth and expansion of its customer bases
- November, AXIS Receives 2011 Frost & Sullivan Indonesia Excellence Award for Most Promising Mobile Provider of the Year
- July, Wins "Best Marketing Program" in 2010 Selular Awards
- May, "AXIS Salam" received Museum Record Indonesia (MURI) recognition as "The first GSM card that gives the most SMS Tausyiah for Free"
- November, Nominated for GSMA's Asia Mobile Awards 2008 under the category of The 'Green Mobile Award'
Acquisition by XL Axiata
XL Axiata has signed an agreement to acquire Axis Telekom Indonesia, on September 26, 2013.
Conditional sale and purchase agreement or conditional sales purchase agreement (CSPA) is done with the Saudi Telecom Company (STC) and Teleglobal Investment BV (Teleglobal), which is a subsidiary of STC.
XL is called the nominal value of shares will pay an agreed and will pay part of the debts and obligations of Axis.
The deal is conditional purchase agreement includes a few things, namely :
- Teleglobal will sell a 95 percent stake in Axis to XL. Axis 100 percent of the value of the company is valued at 865 million U.S. dollars, with a note book AXIS net of debt and cash position zero (cash free and debt free). Payment rates will be used to pay the nominal value of shares of Axis, as well as paying debts and obligations of Axis.
- The transaction will be completed after obtaining the relevant government approvals and the approval of the shareholders general meeting of XL through extraordinary shareholders.
- One more thing, the transaction will be completed when there is no change of ownership spectrum.
"We believe that all players in the industry agree that consolidation must take place in the telecommunications industry," said President Director of XL Hasnul Suhaimi regarding this acquisition.
Merrill Lynch (Singapore) Pte Ltd (Bank of America Merrill Lynch) is acting as financial advisor for this transaction from XL.
- "XL Axiata Akuisisi Axis". Kompas.com. 26 September 2013. Retrieved 26 September 2013.