Natsume Championship Wrestling
|Natsume Championship Wrestling|
Multiplayer (up to four players)
This game is widely based on a conversion of Zen-Nippon Pro Wrestling Dash: Sekai Saikyō Tag (全日本プロレス’ 世界最強タッグ ダッシュ Zen Nihon Puro Resu Sekai Saikyō Taggu Dasshu?, lit. "World's Strongest Tag Team Wrestling Dash 'Japan'"), a Japanese video game for the Super Famicom. Players must become either the Triple Crown Champion or the Triple Crown Tag Team Champions and achieve the limits of professional wrestling.
The player has a choice between an exhibition, a round-robin tournament, and a championship tournament. Players must choose between 12 wrestlers who have ten minutes to knock each other out. Each wrestlers has a very extensive set of moves depending on their situation in the ring. Every victory screen with have both wrestlers' taunts, the time of the match, and the condition that caused the victory. The championship tournament has three difficulty levels: easy, medium, and hard. Criticism for this game was mixed from very positive to very negative.
There are more than fifty moves to master and an intelligent AI offers up plenty of might for the player. Six levels of energy bars (in order from best to worst: blue, green, yellow, orange, red, black) and the ability to heal help to separate this game from the other wrestling games of that era. However, recovery time is increased when the player is severely hurt.
- "Release information". GameFAQs. Retrieved 2011-05-23.
- "Soundtrack Information". SNESmusic.org.
- "Translation and Description". Superfamicom.org.
- "Japanese title" (in Japanese). super-famicom.jp.
- "Zen-Nippon Pro Wrestling Dash: Sekai Saikyō Tag". GameFAQs.
- "Basic overview". MobyGames. Retrieved 2011-05-23.
- "Advanced overview". Neoseeker. Retrieved 2011-05-31.
- "Health bar information". RVG Fanatic. Retrieved 2011-05-31.