|This article does not cite any sources. (March 2008) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
Nattefrost performing at the Party.San Metal Open Air in Germany, in 2013
|Birth name||Roger Rasmussen|
|Also known as||Lord Nosferatu|
|Born||Sandnes, Rogaland, Norway|
|Instruments||Vocals, drums, guitar, bass, keyboards|
|Labels||Season of Mist|
|Associated acts||Carpathian Forest, World Destroyer, Kreft|
Roger Rasmussen, better known by the stage name Nattefrost, is a Norwegian musician, best known for being the vocalist and a founding member of black metal band Carpathian Forest. He also fronts the side projects World Destroyer and Kreft, and since 2003 also has a solo project of his own.
Rasmussen was born in Sandnes, Rogaland County, Norway. His first musical ventures were with the black metal band The Childmolesters, which he founded in 1990 alongside his future Carpathian Forest bandmate Johnny "Nordavind" Krøvel. The band was very short-lived, ending in the same year; from its ashes arose Enthrone, which changed its name to Carpathian Forest in 1992. During Carpathian Forest's first years of existence, Nattefrost used the pseudonym Lord Nosferatu; he would not be known as "Nattefrost" (Norwegian for "Night frost") until 1995, when the band released its first EP, Through Chasm, Caves and Titan Woods.
In 2000 Nattefrost formed his first side project, World Destroyer, alongside Eivind Kulde and his Carpathian Forest bandmate Daniel Vrangsinn. The band released a demo album, Diabolical Quest, in 2004; it is their only release so far. He would form the duo Kreft in 2011 alongside Patolog Falk, releasing in the same year the EP Lommemannen.
In 2003 Nattefrost announced that he would begin a solo project, and in the following year he released his first album, Blood & Vomit. His second album, Terrorist (Nekronaut, Part I), came out in the following year and counted with guest appearances by numerous musicians, such as Carl-Michael Eide, Sanrabb of Gehenna and Hoest of Taake. He also released a live EP in 2006, entitled Drunk and Pisseskev at Ringnes 2004, which was recorded during his first show, in Ringnes, and a compilation of rarities, Hell Noise and Live Terrorism, came out in 2008.
In 2016 he collaborated with Urgehal, providing vocals and lyrics for the song "Endetid", off their seventh album Aeons in Sodom. He previously collaborated with Green Carnation (on Light of Day, Day of Darkness), Taake (on Hordalands doedskvad) and Aura Noir (on The Merciless).
With Carpathian Forest
- For a more comprehensive list, see Carpathian Forest#Discography
- 1998: Black Shining Leather
- 2000: Strange Old Brew
- 2001: Morbid Fascination of Death
- 2003: Defending the Throne of Evil
- 2006: Fuck You All!!!! Caput tuum in ano est
- 2004: Blood & Vomit
- 2005: Terrorist (Nekronaut, Part I)
- 2006: Drunk and Pisseskev at Ringnes 2004 (EP)
- 2008: Hell Noise and Live Terrorism (compilation)
- 2009: Engangsgrill (split with Fenriz's Red Planet)
With World Destroyer
- 2004: Diabolical Quest (demo)
- 2011: Lommemannen (EP)
As a session member
- Green Carnation
- 2001: Light of Day, Day of Darkness (harsh vocals)
- Aura Noir
- 2004: The Merciless (additional vocals in "Funeral Thrash")
- 2005: Hordalands doedskvad (additional vocals in "Hordalands doedskvad I")
- 2016: Aeons in Sodom (vocals and lyrics for "Endetid")