Natural Disaster (Example song)
|Single by Laidback Luke vs. Example|
|from the album Playing in the Shadows|
|Released||16 October 2011|
|Length||2:59 (UK Clean Radio Edit)|
3:41 (Clean Radio Edit)
5:06 (Album Version)
6:59 (Extended Mix)
|Label||Ministry of Sound|
|Laidback Luke singles chronology|
|Example singles chronology|
"Natural Disaster" is a song by Dutch DJ Laidback Luke and British singer and rapper Example. It was released on 4 October 2011 in the USA and on 16 October 2011 in the UK as the third single of Example's third studio album, Playing in the Shadows, with an entire remix EP on iTunes. A 5-minute extended explicit album version of the song was included on the album Playing in the Shadows. The song was written by Example, Laidback Luke, and Dipesh Parmar, and was produced by Laidback Luke.
A music video was first released on YouTube on 14 September 2011. In the video there is a teenage boy who argues with his parents, he goes to his room. Later on he goes outside and waits on the corner of a sidewalk. Another man walks past and gives the teenager a memory stick which says Laidback Luke on it. He takes the memory stick home and plugs it into his computer and loads music by Laidback Luke. He puts on earphones and listens to the music, it causes him to become delirious, his parents walk in on him and take the memory stick off him. The memory stick in the video is supposed to resemble illegal drugs that the boy is taking. After his parents took the memory stick the boy goes outside and waits on the sidewalk again. When the same man comes past again the boy asks for another memory stick, the man says no this time as the boy appears to have no money. He then starts crying in the middle of the road, he then hears the echoing of music being played by Laidback Luke, he follows the sound and it leads him to a club. He enters the club (for free) and starts getting high off the music again. In the video it also cuts to shots of Example singing.
|Digital download –|
|1.||"Natural Disaster" (UK Radio Edit)||2:59|
|2.||"Natural Disaster" (Andy C Remix)||5:30|
|3.||"Natural Disaster" (Skream Remix)||4:52|
|4.||"Natural Disaster" (Benny Benassi Remix)||5:20|
|5.||"Natural Disaster" (Nouveau Yorican Remix)||7:33|
|6.||"Natural Disaster" (Laidback Luke Extended Vocal Remix)||6:57|
|7.||"Natural Disaster" (Instrumental Extended)||6:57|
|Digital download – remixes|
|1.||"Natural Disaster" (Judge Jules Dub)||7:49|
|2.||"Natural Disaster" (GTA 'WarCry' Remix)||5:52|
|3.||"Natural Disaster" (Revero Remix)||7:18|
|Belgium (Ultratip Flanders)||49|
|Czech Republic (Rádio Top 100)||51|
|Slovakia (Rádio Top 100)||31|
|Scotland (Official Charts Company)||35|
|UK Dance (Official Charts Company)||7|
|UK Indie (Official Charts Company)||4|
|UK Singles (Official Charts Company)||37|
|UK||16 October 2011||Ministry of Sound||Digital Download|
- John Aizlewood. "BBC - Music - Review of Example - Playing in the Shadows". BBC.
- "Ultratop.be – LAIDBACK LUKE VS. EXAMPLE – NATURAL DISASTER" (in Dutch). Ultratip.
- "ČNS IFPI" (in Czech). Hitparáda – Radio Top 100 Oficiální. IFPI Czech Republic. Note: insert 201151,52 into search.
- "ČNS IFPI" (in Slovak). Hitparáda – Radio Top 100 Oficiálna. IFPI Czech Republic. Note: insert 201149 into search.
- "Official Scottish Singles Sales Chart Top 100". Official Charts Company.
- "Official Dance Singles Chart Top 40". Official Charts Company.
- "Official Independent Singles Chart Top 50". Official Charts Company.
- "Official Singles Chart Top 100". Official Charts Company.
- "Connecting to the iTunes Store". Itunes.apple.com. Retrieved 2016-07-15.