|Origin||Kahalu'u, Hawaii, United States|
|Labels||Navarre, Cinnamon Red, Natural Vibrations, Go Aloha|
Jamin "Chief Ragga" Wong
|Past members||Peni Pua'auli
Brett "Big Chill" Cummings
Natural Vibrations, known by their fans as Natty Vibes, is a reggae band from Kahalu'u, Oahu with rock and pop influences. The band has received several awards at the Hawaii Music Awards and three Na Hoku Hanohano Awards.
Natural Vibrations was formed by Penidean Pua’auli (vocals), Shane Abraham (keyboard, vocals), Kayton Macariola (percussion, vocals), Stacy Medeiros (drums), Jehua Evans (bass, vocals), and Wayne Enos (guitar, vocals) in 1993. The band's first album, Balls Rolling, was released in 1996. Their second album, All Natural, won the Na Hoku Hanohano Award for best reggae album of the year in 1999. Third album Getting High (2000) won them a second best reggae album award at the Hawaiian Music Awards. They were once again given the Na Hoku Hanohano Award for the album The Circle in 2004, the album also peaking at no. 12 on the Billboard Top Reggae Albums chart. After five years in which the band concentrated on performing internationally and spending time with their families, fifth album, From the Heart, was released in 2007, which in 2008 won a third best reggae album award at the Hawaiian Music Awards. The album gave them their highest Billboard chart placing, peaking at number 5 on the Top Reggae Albums chart. Got This Music was released in 2011.
Smoking marijuana is a common lyrical theme in the band's songs.
A compilation of their best material (Ultimate Vibes) was released in 2009.
The band experienced a number of line up changes starting in 2013 and as of July 2015 the only original members remaining are Wayne Enos and Shane Abraham.
- Balls Rolling (1996), Navarre
- All Natural (1998), Cinnamon Red
- Getting High (2000), Cinnamon Red
- The Circle (2003), Natural Vibrations - Top Reggae Albums no. 12
- From the Heart (2007), Natural Vibrations - Top Reggae Albums no. 5
- Got This Music (2011), Go Aloha
- Ultimate Vibes: The Best of Natural Vibrations (2009), Natural Vibrations - Top Reggae Albums no. 15
- "Make you Stay" (2012)
- "Let It Grow" (2013)
- Crisp, Andrew (2012) "Natural Vibrations Come from Hawaii to Boise", Boise Weekly, May 9, 2012. Retrieved June 18, 2014 – via HighBeam (subscription required)
- "Briefly Music", The Register Guard, May 24, 2013. Retrieved June 18, 2014 – via HighBeam (subscription required)
- Berger, John (2011) "Vibes' sixth album highlights members' talents, originality", Honolulu Star-Advertiser, September 4, 2011. Retrieved June 18, 2014 – via HighBeam (subscription required)
- "1999 Na Hoku Hanohano Awards", Billboard, August 14, 1999, p. 40. Retrieved June 18, 2014
- "Billboard Albums", Allmusic. Retrieved June 18, 2014
- ""From the Heart" by Natural Vibrations", The Molokai Dispatch, May 9, 2007, p. 10. Retrieved June 18, 2014
- "From the Heart Review", AllMusic. Retrieved June 18, 2014
- Genegabus, Jason (2007) "Talking Story from the Heart", Honolulu Star-Bulletin, May 25, 2007. Retrieved June 18, 2014
- Mossman, Bill (2011) "Picking Up Good Vibrations", MidWeek, August 31, 2011. Retrieved June 18, 2014
- Greenberg, Adam "The Circle Review", AllMusic. Retrieved June 18, 2014