Jump to navigation Jump to search
Naturalism may refer to:
- Naturalism (visual art), a style in painting and the visual arts
- Naturalism (literature), a literary style
- Naturalism (theatre), a movement in theatre and drama that began in the 19th century
Philosophy and science
- Naturalism (philosophy) is any of several philosophical stances wherein all phenomena or hypotheses commonly labeled as supernatural are either false or not inherently different from natural phenomena or hypotheses.
- Critical naturalism
- Methodological naturalism, naturalism that holds that science is to be done without reference to supernatural causes; also refers to a methodological assumption in the philosophy of religion that observable events are fully explainable by natural causes without reference to the supernatural
- Metaphysical naturalism, a form of naturalism that holds that the cosmos consists only of objects studied by the natural sciences, and does not include any immaterial or intentional realities
- Naturalist, a term for a person involved in the study of life forms, or "Natural history"
- Liberal naturalism, a heterodox form of naturalism in the conceptual space between scientific naturalism and supernaturalism
- Ethical naturalism, the theory that ethical terms can be defined in non-ethical terms, namely, descriptive terms mainly from the natural sciences
- Spiritual naturalism, an approach to spirituality that is devoid of supernaturalism
- Religious naturalism, religious institutions, rituals, doctrines and communities which do not include supernatural beliefs
- Humanistic naturalism emphasises scientific reasoning as a basis for humane behavior
- Sociological naturalism is the view that the natural world and the social world are roughly identical and governed by similar principles
- Political naturalism is a politic and legal system based on the belief in the existence of a fair natural law
- Naturalistic observation is an empirical method of study by which the researcher introduces no outside stimulus, instead witnessing behavior as it naturally occurs in the environment
- Poetic naturalism, an approach to naturalism which allows for there to be many useful ways of talking about the natural world, dependent upon the subject's frame of reference.
- Naturalism (horse) (foaled 1988), an Australian thoroughbred racehorse
- All pages beginning with Naturalism
- Naturalness (disambiguation)
- Natural history, especially in older texts
- Naturalistic fallacy, appealing to a definition of the term "good" in terms of one or more natural properties
- Naturism, the practice of "social nudity", often confused with the term "Naturalism"
| disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Naturalism.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.