Abbreviated title (ISO 4)
|Discipline||Biology, physics, chemistry, Earth sciences|
|Edited by||Joerg Heber|
|License||Creative Commons licenses|
Nature Communications is a peer-reviewed partial open access scientific journal published online-only by the Nature Publishing Group since 2010. It is multidisciplinary in scope, with coverage that includes all topics in physics, chemistry, Earth sciences, and biology. The executive editor is Joerg Heber, with David Gevaux as chief physical sciences editor and Niki Scaplehorn as chief life sciences editor. The founding chief editor was Lesley Anson.
Since October 2014, the journal only accepts submissions from authors willing to pay an article processing charge. Until end of 2015 part of the published submissions are only available to subscribers, as it is common with non-Open Access journals. All contents will be accessible to everyone starting January 2016.
Abstracting and indexing
The journal is abstracted and indexed in:
- "Open Access Nature". Nature Communications. Nature Publishing Group. Retrieved 2015-11-21.
- "Master Journal List". Intellectual Property & Science. Thomson Reuters. Retrieved 2014-09-27.
- "CAS Source Index". Chemical Abstracts Service. American Chemical Society. Retrieved 2015-03-26.
- "Nature Communications". NLM Catalog. National Center for Biotechnology Information. Retrieved 2015-03-26.
- "Content overview". Scopus. Elsevier. Retrieved 2015-03-26.
- "Nature Communications". 2014 Journal Citation Reports. Web of Science (Science ed.). Thomson Reuters. 2015.