Abbreviated title (ISO 4)
|Discipline||Biology, physics, chemistry, Earth sciences|
|Edited by||Joerg Heber|
|License||Creative Commons licenses|
Nature Communications is a peer-reviewed open access scientific journal published online-only by the Nature Publishing Group since 2010. It is multidisciplinary in scope, with coverage that includes all topics in physics, chemistry, Earth sciences, and biology. The executive editor is Joerg Heber, with David Gevaux as chief physical sciences editor and Niki Scaplehorn as chief life sciences editor. The founding chief editor was Lesley Anson.
Starting October 2014, the journal only accepted submissions from authors willing to pay an article processing charge, and until the end of 2015, part of the published submissions were only available to subscribers. In January 2016, all content became freely accessible to the public.
Abstracting and indexing
The journal is abstracted and indexed in:
- "Open Access Nature". Nature Communications. Nature Publishing Group. Retrieved 2015-11-21.
- "http://www.nature.com/". Retrieved 2016-01-05. External link in
- "Master Journal List". Intellectual Property & Science. Thomson Reuters. Retrieved 2014-09-27.
- "CAS Source Index". Chemical Abstracts Service. American Chemical Society. Retrieved 2015-03-26.
- "Nature Communications". NLM Catalog. National Center for Biotechnology Information. Retrieved 2015-03-26.
- "Content overview". Scopus. Elsevier. Retrieved 2015-03-26.
- "Nature Communications". 2014 Journal Citation Reports. Web of Science (Science ed.). Thomson Reuters. 2015.