|Discipline||Pure and Applied physics|
|Edited by||Andrea Taroni|
Nature Portfolio (United Kingdom)
|ISO 4||Nat. Phys.|
Nature Physics is a monthly peer-reviewed scientific journal published by Nature Portfolio. It was first published in October 2005 (volume 1, issue 1). The chief editor is Andrea Taroni, who is a full-time professional editor employed by this journal.
Nature Physics publishes both pure and applied research from all areas of physics. Subject areas covered by the journal include quantum mechanics, condensed-matter physics, optics, thermodynamics, particle physics, and biophysics.
Abstracting and indexing
The journal is indexed in the following databases:
- Chemical Abstracts Service – CASSI
- Science Citation Index
- Science Citation Index Expanded
- Current Contents – Physical, Chemical & Earth Sciences
According to the Journal Citation Reports, the journal has a 2021 impact factor of 19.684, ranking it 4th out of 86 journals in the category "Physics, Multidisciplinary".
- ^ a b "Guide to Authors". Nature Publishing group. July 2010. Retrieved 2010-07-29.
- ^ "Nature Physics". Chemical Abstracts Service Source Index (CASSI) (Displaying Record for Publication). American Chemical Society. July 2010. Retrieved 2010-07-29.
- ^ "Mater Journal List search". database listings. Thomson Reuters. July 2010. Retrieved 2010-07-29.
- ^ "Journals Ranked by Impact: Physics, Multidisciplinary". 2021 Journal Citation Reports. Web of Science (Science ed.). Clarivate. 2022.