|• Mayor||Jan Fischer (CDU)|
|• Total||13.77 km2 (5.32 sq mi)|
|Elevation||86 m (282 ft)|
|• Density||760/km2 (2,000/sq mi)|
|Time zone||CET/CEST (UTC+1/+2)|
Nauheim lies 3 km northwest of the district seat of Groß-Gerau 16 km northwest of Darmstadt and 6 km southeast of Rüsselsheim. After the Second World War, many instrument makers from the Sudetenland such as W. Schreiber + Söhne found a new home in this community in the southern Frankfurt Rhein-Main Region, and helped give the place the epithet Musikgemeinde – "Music Community". It is also well known for its "Nauheimer Musiktage" ("Nauheim Music Days"), held since 1970.
Nauheim borders in the north on Königstädten, a constituent community of the town of Rüsselsheim, in the east on the town of Mörfelden-Walldorf, in the south on the town of Groß-Gerau and in the west on the community of Trebur.
- Nauheim had its first documentary mention in 830-850 in the Lorsch codex.
Manufacture of Saxophones
Additionally, another saxophone manufacturer called Dörfler & Jörka was located in Nauheim c. 1949 to 1968. D&J made extensive use of Keilwerth-manufactured saxophone bodies and Keilwerth designs, but added their own slightly modified key mechanisms. Not surprisingly, Dörfler & Jörka saxophones have similar tonal characteristics to Keilwerth-manufactured saxophones of the same era e.g. the New King and Tone King models. As a result, D&J instruments have "smoky" and "tangy" characteristics when compared to the often "brighter" tone colours of Yamaha saxophones. D&J manufactured saxophones under their own brand name, though the majority were given various "stencilled" labels including:-
- Carl Ludwig, Carl Schiller, Clinton, Convair, Condor
- De Villiers, Diamond
- Key Tone, King Tempo
- La Sete Professional
- Original Hopf Classic
- Pierre Maure Artiste, Paragon
- Rene Dumont, Rodgers, Roxy
- Senator, Startone, Skytone, Symphonic
- The National, Toneline Artist
- Velvetone, Vitacoustic, Voss
- Warner Concerto
Eventually, in the late 1960s, Dörfler & Jörka were bought out by the Keilwerth company and absorbed into it. Soon afterwards the production of Dörfler & Jörka saxophones ended.
Municipal council is made up of 31 councillors, with seats apportioned thus, in accordance with municipal elections held on 6 March 2016:
Note: FLN is a citizens' coalition.
Culture and sightseeing
- Karl Christian von Langsdorf (1757–1834), mathematician
- Ottmar Hörl (1950- ), artist, who above all has become known for his variegated sculptures whose theme is everyday life
Clubs and associations
- Free religious Community of Nauheim
- Nauheim volunteer fire brigade
- Nauheim youth fire brigade
- Musikverein 1950 e.V. Nauheim
- Naumer Kerweborsch Nauheim church fair organizers
- Vereinsring Nauheim
- Junge Musiker - SKV Nauheim
- "Bevölkerung der hessischen Gemeinden". Hessisches Statistisches Landesamt (in German). August 2016.