|• Mayor||Jan Fischer (CDU)|
|• Total||13.77 km2 (5.32 sq mi)|
|• Density||750/km2 (1,900/sq mi)|
|Time zone||CET/CEST (UTC+1/+2)|
Nauheim lies 3 km northwest of the district seat of Groß-Gerau 16 km northwest of Darmstadt and 6 km southeast of Rüsselsheim. After the Second World War, many instrument makers from the Sudetenland such as W. Schreiber + Söhne found a new home in this community in the southern Frankfurt Rhein-Main Region, and helped give the place the epithet Musikgemeinde – "Music Community". It is also well known for its "Nauheimer Musiktage" ("Nauheim Music Days"), held since 1970.
Nauheim borders in the north on Königstädten, a constituent community of the town of Rüsselsheim, in the east on the town of Mörfelden-Walldorf, in the south on the town of Groß-Gerau and in the west on the community of Trebur.
- Nauheim had its first documentary mention in 830-850 in the Lorsch codex.
Manufacture of Saxophones
Additionally, another saxophone manufacturer called Dörfler & Jörka was located in Nauheim c. 1949 to 1968. D&J made extensive use of Keilwerth-manufactured saxophone bodies and Keilwerth designs, but added their own slightly modified key mechanisms. Not surprisingly, Dörfler & Jörka saxophones have similar tonal characteristics to Keilwerth-manufactured saxophones of the same era e.g. the New King and Tone King models. As a result, D&J instruments have "smoky" and "tangy" characteristics when compared to the often "brighter" tone colours of Yamaha saxophones. D&J manufactured saxophones under their own brand name, though the majority were given various "stencilled" labels including:-
- Convair, Carl Schiller, Condor
- De Villiers
- Keytone, King Tempo
- La Sete Professional
- Original Hopf Classic
- Pierre Maure Artiste, Paragon
- Rodgers, Roxy, Rene Dumont
- Senator, Skytone
- Toneline Artist, The National
- Velvetone, Vitacoustic, Voss
- Warner Concerto,
Eventually, in the late 1960s, Dörfler & Jörka were absorbed into the Keilwerth company, at which point production ended.
Municipal council is made up of 31 councillors, with seats apportioned thus, in accordance with municipal elections held on 6 March 2016:
Note: FLN is a citizens' coalition.
Culture and sightseeing
- Karl Christian von Langsdorf (1757–1834), mathematician
- Ottmar Hörl (1950- ), artist, who above all has become known for his variegated sculptures whose theme is everyday life
Clubs and associations
- Free religious Community of Nauheim
- Nauheim volunteer fire brigade
- Nauheim youth fire brigade
- Musikverein 1950 e.V. Nauheim
- Naumer Kerweborsch Nauheim church fair organizers
- Vereinsring Nauheim
- Junge Musiker - SKV Nauheim