Nauhwar or Nohwar is a gotra of Jats found in Haryana, Uttar Pradesh and Madhya Pradesh in India. They come mostly from Naujheel area in district Mathura in Uttar Pradesh, where they ruled in ancient times and renowned for their royal families.
Nauhwar and Narwar Jats are cousins/brothers. They get Narwar name after Narhari, a great Jat warrior, from Nauhwar clan. Intermarriages are banned in these two gotras.
Nauhwars are believed to be inhabitants of the historic town of noh near mathura. Historians such as Thakur Deshraj describes them to be the rulers of noh. naujheel which comes in mant tehshil in mathura district, this land is dominated by the jatts of this region.
Notable persons of this clan
- Cheti Lal Verma - Industrialist from Palwal, Haryana
- Saina Nehwal-International Badminton Player Dhindar, Uttar Pradesh
- KK Nohwar - Former Vice Chief of Indian Air Force.
- Chaudhary Satyavir Singh S/o Shri Shivcharna singh - I.T.
- History of Jats-Thakur Deshraj, Chapter-VIII,PP.554.
- Dr Mahendra Singh Arya, Dharmpal Singh Dudi, Kishan Singh Faujdar & Vijendra Singh Narwar: Adhunik Jat Itihasa (The modern history of Jats), Agra 1998