Nauruan parliamentary election, 2007
|This article is part of a series on the
politics and government of
Parliamentary elections were held in Nauru on 25 August 2007. There were more than 80 candidates for the 18 seats available. Fifteen MPs were reelected, among them fourteen supporters of Ludwig Scotty's government; the only opposition politician to be reelected was René Harris. Of the three seats which changed hands, two were losses for the opposition and one was a gain; all in all, fifteen members are pro-government and only three are opposition members.
|supporters of Ludwig Scotty
(including Nauru First)
|Source: abc.net.au, August 27, 2007.|
- Campbell Cooney, "Nauru Govt calls early election", abc.net.au, August 1, 2007.
- Campbell Cooney, "Nauru goes to polls in early election", abc.net.au, August 25, 2007.
- Sean Dorney, "Scotty Govt wins landslide Nauru election", abc.net.au, August 26, 2007.
- "Nauru Government re-elected", abc.net.au, August 27, 2007.
- "Nauru's president re-elected", Xinhua (People's Daily Online), August 29, 2007.
|This Nauru-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This Oceanian election-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|