Nauvoo Township, Hancock County, Illinois
Location in Hancock County
Hancock County's location in Illinois
|Established||November 6, 1849|
|• Total||6.36 sq mi (16.5 km2)|
|• Land||3.9 sq mi (10 km2)|
|• Water||2.46 sq mi (6.4 km2) 38.68%|
|Elevation||620 ft (189 m)|
|• Density||296.4/sq mi (114.4/km2)|
|Time zone||CST (UTC-6)|
|• Summer (DST)||CDT (UTC-5)|
|GNIS feature ID||0429422|
According to the 2010 census, the township has a total area of 6.36 square miles (16.5 km2), of which 3.9 square miles (10 km2) (or 61.32%) is land and 2.46 square miles (6.4 km2) (or 38.68%) is water.
Cities, towns, villages
- Nauvoo (vast majority)
(These towns are listed as "historical" by the USGS.)
- Quashquema at
The township contains two cemeteries, Dundey and Smith Family.
- Lovers Glen Park
- Nauvoo State Park
- Nauvoo-Colusa Community Unit School District 325
- Illinois's 17th congressional district
- State House District 94
- State Senate District 47
- United States Census Bureau 2008 TIGER/Line Shapefiles
- "Nauvoo Township". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey. Retrieved 2009-09-20.
- United States National Atlas
- "Population, Housing Units, Area, and Density: 2010 - County -- County Subdivision and Place -- 2010 Census Summary File 1". United States Census. Retrieved 2013-05-28.
||Jefferson Township, Lee County, Iowa||Appanoose Township|
|Montrose Township, Lee County, Iowa||Sonora Township|