This article needs additional citations for verification. (January 2017) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Navagraha (Pron: nævəˈgrɑ:ə) temples are temples devoted to Navagraha—the nine (nava) major celestial bodies (Grahas) of Hindu astronomy.These temples are made of stones and are very beautiful. These celestial bodies are named Surya (Sun), Chandra (Moon), Mangala (Mars), Budha (Mercury), Brihaspati (Jupiter), Shukra (Venus), Shani (Saturn), Rahu (North Lunar Node) and Ketu (South Lunar Node). Many temples in South India contain a shrine dedicated to the Navagrahas. However, the term Navagraha temples refers to a cluster of nine separate temples, each an abode of one of the Navagrahas.
- 1 Navagraha Temple in Assam
- 2 Navagraha Temples in Nashik Maharashtra
- 3 Navgraha Temple in Madhya Pradesh
- 4 Navagraha Temples in Tamil Nadu
- 5 Navagraha Temple in Uttar Pradesh
- 6 See also
- 7 References
The Navagraha Temple is found on the top of Chitrasal Hill (or Navagraha Hill), in Guwahati city, Assam, India. Enshrined in this temple are nine Shivalingams, representing the nine Celestial bodies, each covered with a colored garment symbolic of each of the celestial bodies, with a Shivaligam in the centre symbolising the Sun. The Navagraha temple was built by Ahom King Rajeswar Singha in the late 18th century. It has been renovated in recent times during the late 1923-45.
Shri Anna Ganapati Navgraha Siddhapeetham, Nasik . Which is 1.5 km from Nasik Road railway station.All Navgraha are residing in nine temple (gabhara/garbhagudi)with their wife. The only navgraha Siddhapeetham in Maharashtra Peth (central Pune), there is a major Navagraha temple behind Shaniwar Wada, which is also specifically devoted to Shani. There is also a Navagraha Maruti temple in Balaji Nagar. There is a newly constructed Navagraha temple near Dapoli in Ratnagiri district, Maharashtra. The temple complex is 5 km from Dapoli town on the Dapoli - Mandangad - Mumbai state highway.Go to Kherdi village titha ( junction ) and then take the small tar road to Palavan village. The temple complex is at a distance of 1.5 km from Kherdi junction.It is owned by Shri Sainath Maharaj Trust, Dombivli ( E ), Thane.The main temple belongs to Sai Baba and there are surrounding temples of Ganapathi, Shivji, Navagraha temple and Sri Dattatreya temple. Temple complex is very clean and beautifully maintained.
A historical Navagraha temple is established inside the Bada Ganpati Temple just behind Makaleshwar Temple towards Harsidhhi temple in City of Ujjain in Madhya Pradesh. It is believed that it is their since hundreds of years and people are getting blessing and relief when priya their specially during their Shani -Ssde sati period which is supposed to be the most dreaded phase in one's lifetime.
Devotees have to pray while doing Parikrama of Navagraha stones and present flowers /bilva patra while performing pooja.jits a famous mandir
Tamil people are the first who invented nine planet and made it to built it in temple named Navagraha . The Navagraha temples in Tamil Nadu are a cluster of Navagraha Temples dating from the Chola dynasty near Kumbakonam in Tamil Nadu. As per Hindu legend, Sage Kalava was suffering from serious ailments along with leprosy. He prayed to the Navagrahas, the nine planet deities. The planets were pleased by his devotion and offered cure to the sage. Brahma, the Hindu god of creation, was angered as he felt that the planets have no powers to provide boons to humans. He cursed the nine planets to suffer from leprosy and were sent down to earth in Vellerukku Vanam, the white wild flower jungle - the modern time Suryanar Kovil. The planets prayed to Shiva to relieve them off the curse. Shiva appeared to them and said that the place belonged to them and they would have to grace the devotees worshipping them from the place. Each temple is located in a different village, and is considered an abode of one of the Navagrahas. However, the majority of these temples are dedicated to Shiva. The Surya temple is the only one dedicated to the Graham. In fact, it is dedicated entirely to the worship of the Sun-God and the other navagrahas, the former being the object of worship as the principal deity and the latter as attendant deities. It was built around the 11th or 12th century. The other temples were built earlier, ranging back to 7th-9th century.
- Surya Navagrahastalam -- Sooriyanar Kovil (Thanjavur District)
- Chandra Navagrahastalam -- Thingalur (Thanjavur District)
- Angaarakan Navagrahastalam -- Vaitheeswaran Kovil (Nagapattinam District)
- Budha Navagrahastalam -- Thiruvenkadu (Nagapattinam District)
- Guru Navagrahastalam -- Thittai (Thiruvarur District)
- Sukra Navagrahastalam -- Kanjanur (Thanjavur District)
- Shani Navagrahastalam -- Thirunallar (Karaikal)
- Raahu Navagrahastalam -- Thirunageswaram (Thanjavur District)
- Ketu Navagrahastalam -- Keezhperumpallam (Nagapattinam District)
There is a similar cluster of Navagraha temples in Chennai, erstwhile Thondai Nadu in and around Kundrathur.
- Agatheeswarar Temple - Suryan - Kolapakkkam
- Somanaadheeswarar Temple - Chandran - Somangalam
- Vaidheeswaran Temple - Angaragan - Poovirundhavalli( Poondhamalli)
- Sundareswarar Temple - Budhan - Kovur
- Ramanaadheeswarar Temple - Guru - Porur
- Velleeswarar Temple - Sukran - Mangadu
- Agatheeswarar Temple - Shaneeswaran - Pozhichalur
- Neelakandeswarar Temple - Kethu - Gerugambakkam
- Nageshwarar Temple - Rahu - Kundratthur
this was founded by thiyagaraja gurukkal and bhuvaneshwari and there family published to people through small sized book of Navagraha stalam puranam in Chennai.
There is a separate set of Navagraha temples which are dedicated to Lord Vishnu in Tiruchendur-Tirunelveli route called as Nava_Tirupathi.
- Srivaikuntanathan Permual Temple -- Suryan
- Vijayaasana Perumal Temple -- Chandran
- Vaithamanidhi Perumal Temple -- Sevvai
- ThiruPulingudi Perumal Temple -- Budhan
- AlwarThirunagari Temple -- Gurubhagawan
- Makara Nedunkuzhai Kannan Temple -- Sukran
- Srinivasa Perumal Temple -- Shaniswaran
- Irattai Thiruppathy, Aravindalochanar -- Raghu
- Irattai Thiruppathy, Devapiran -- Kedhu
Navagraha Temple at Allahabad in Uttar Pradesh-India has been built by Shri Patharchatti Ram Lila Committee in Allahabad. It was opened for public in 2012. It is located in Rambagh area in Allahabad. It can be reached within two minutes from the City Railway Station at Rambagh in Allahabad.
There are other temples as well in it as below
- Shri Khatu Shyam Temple
- Shri Ram Temple
Nowadays, a very special Jhaanki of Ganga Avataran is under construction and is expected to complete by Nov 2012.
Navagrah temple - Karari kaushambi
Navagrah temple at karari kaushambi in uttar pradesh-india has been built by shri Somnath verma it was opened for public in 2017 it is located in Ashok nager in karari kaushambi it can be reached within 15 minutes from the Bharwari Railway Station at Ashok Nagar in karari.
There are other Gods as well in it as below
- Ram Darbar
- Radha Krishna
- Shiv parivar
- Maa Durga
- Ganesh Bhagwan
- Hanuman Ji