Naval Party (Royal Navy)
Jump to navigation Jump to search
The Royal Navy maintains a number of Naval Parties worldwide to support a number of operations and training activities:
- Naval Party 1002 (NP1002) is the largest component of British Forces British Indian Ocean Territories located at the Permanent Joint Operating Base (PJOB) on Diego Garcia, in the British Indian Ocean Territory. The primary role of NP1002 is to act as the islands civil administration.
- Naval Party 1011 (NP1011) is the Royal Navy detachment at the Mine Warfare Centre (MWC)/Atlantic Undersea Test and Evaluation Center Portsmouth, UK / Miami. This is a U.S. Navy submarine test, evaluation, and exercise facility.
- Naval Party 1022 (NP1022) is the permanent Royal Navy posting at Sembawang wharf, Singapore. NP1022 is responsible for managing the British owned and funded naval repair and logistics support facility in support of the Five Power Defence Arrangements (FPDA). It is fuelled by the Ministry of Defence Fuels Group.
- Naval Party 2010 (NP2010) is deployed on the Falkland Islands and are responsible for the day-to-day operation of the East Cove Military Port at Mare Harbour.
- British Forces Post office Locations, page 7, www.gov.uk
- Permanent Joint Operating Bases (PJOBs), www.gov.uk, 12 December 2012
- Welcome to Diego Garcia, page 3, DIEGO GARCIA, A BRITISH TERRITORY, public.navy.mil
- British Forces Post office Locations, page 7.
- Navy News (Magazine). United Kingdom: Royal Navy. June 2011. p. 11 Eastern Outpost. Retrieved 22 June 2016. ("The White Ensign is still flying above the operations of Naval Party 1022 (NP1022), based at Sembawang Wharves in Singapore.")
- Ministry of Defence: Fuelling the front line (archived), webarchive.nationalarchives.gov.uk, 11 Apr 09 ("DFG is also responsible for the operation of the oil fuel depot, pipeline and wharf in Singapore.")