Naval Supply Systems Command
This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Naval Supply Systems Command|
|Allegiance||United States of America|
|Branch||United States Navy|
|Garrison/HQ||Mechanicsburg, PA, U.S.|
|Chief of Civil Engineers||Rear Admiral Peter G. Stamatopoulos, USN|
|Deputy Commander||Rear Admiral Alan J. Reyes, USN|
|Vice Commander||Kurt J. Wendelken|
|Chief of Staff||CAPT George E. Bresnihan, USN|
|Command Master Chief||Command Master Chief Petty Officer (SW/NAC) Shannon T. Howe, USN|
Headquartered in Mechanicsburg, Pennsylvania, the NAVSUP/Navy Supply Corps team oversees a diverse portfolio including supply chain management for material support to the Navy and Marine Corps, supply operations, conventional ordnance, contracting, resale, fuel, transportation, security assistance, and quality of life issues for naval forces, including food service, postal services, Navy Exchanges, and movement of household goods.
The current Commander is Rear Admiral Peter G. Stamatopoulos, who assumed this post in 2020.
In addition to its headquarters activity, NAVSUP comprises four major organizations with 11 commands located worldwide.
- Fleet Logistics: Establishes policy and provides direction for the Navy's quality of life program
- Corporate Operations: Directs operations in the areas of talent management and administration, strategy, innovation, data analysis, process improvement, communications, security, safety, facilities, small business programs, and execution of the Department of Navy Card Management Program
- Enterprise Logistics Engineering: Provides information management/information technology certification and budgeting; Enterprise supply chain and customer systems support; Enterprise business systems solutions; and Navy information technology policy, guidance and leadership
- Contracting: Provides framework for the delivery of contracting services across the Navy Field Contracting System.
- Financial Management and Comptroller: Financial planning, programming, budgeting, accounting, control and execution of resources and funds within NAVSUP
- Reserve Affairs: Provides guidance to NAVSUP activities regarding Navy Reserve manpower requirements determination, training, and Navy Reserve personnel utilization.
- Office of General Counsel Serves as the Command Counsel, principal attorney and legal advisor to the Commander, and the Vice Commander, NAVSUP.
- NAVSUP Office of Corporate Communications: Oversees strategic communication efforts across the NAVSUP Enterprise.
- NAVSUP Weapon Systems Support (NAVSUP WSS)
- Provides Navy, Marine Corps, Joint and Allied Forces program and supply support for Naval weapon systems. Naval Material Supply Chain Management delivers supply support and program support in order to provide the Navy with the parts they need, when and where they need them. Naval Material SCM is provided by NAVSUP WSS at its two Pennsylvania locations. NAVSUP WSS Philadelphia provides support for Naval aviation weapons systems while the Mechanicsburg site supports ships, submarines and nuclear propulsion.
- NAVSUP Business Systems Center (NAVSUP BSC)
- Technology developer that designs, develops, and maintains information systems that support activities in logistics, supply chain management, transportation, finance and accounting.
- Navy Exchange Service Command
- Provides customers with goods and services and supports Navy quality of life programs for active duty military, retirees, reservists and their families. NEXCOM oversees six primary business programs: Navy Exchange (NEX) Retail Stores and Services; Navy Lodge Program; Uniform Program Management Office (UPMO); Navy Clothing and Textile Research Facility (NCTRF); Ships Store Program; and Telecommunications Program Office.
- NAVSUP Fleet Logistics Centers
- The eight NAVSUP FLCs are located around the world to allow NAVSUP to provide the supplies, services, and support needed by Navy and Marine Corps personnel.
U.S. Military Material Commands
- Marine Corps Systems Command (U.S. Marine Corps)
- Naval Air Systems Command
- Naval Information Warfare Systems Command
- Naval Facilities Engineering Command
- Naval Sea Systems Command
- Naval Supply Systems Command
- "NAVFAC Enterprise". Naval Supply Systems Command. Retrieved 2 November 2020.
- "Command Biographies". Naval Supply Systems Command. Retrieved 2 November 2020.
- "NAVSUP - About". www.navsup.navy.mil. Retrieved 2017-07-19. This article incorporates text from this source, which is in the public domain.
- "NAVSUP Weapons Systems Center - About". www.navsup.navy.mil. Retrieved 2017-07-19.
- "Naval Supply Chain Management". Naval Supply Systems Command. Retrieved 3 November 2020.
- "NAVSUP Business Systems Center - About". www.navsup.navy.mil. Retrieved 2017-07-19.
- "Navy Exchange Service Command". www.navsup.navy.mil. Retrieved 2017-07-19.
- "NAVSUP Fleet Logistics Center Bahrain". Naval Supply Systems Command. Retrieved 4 November 2020.
- "NAVSUP Fleet Logistics Center Jacksonville". Naval Supply Systems Command. Retrieved 4 November 2020.
- "NAVSUP Fleet Logistics Center Norfolk". Naval Supply Systems Command. Retrieved 4 November 2020.
- "NAVSUP Fleet Logistics Center Pearl Harbor". Naval Supply Systems Command. Retrieved 4 November 2020.
- "NAVSUP Fleet Logistics Center Puget Sound". Naval Supply Systems Command. Retrieved 4 November 2020.
- "NAVSUP Fleet Logistics Center San Diego". Naval Supply Systems Command. Retrieved 4 November 2020.
- "NAVSUP Fleet Logistics Center Sigonella". Naval Supply Systems Command. Retrieved 4 November 2020.
- "NAVSUP Fleet Logistics Center Yokosuka". Naval Supply Systems Command. Retrieved 4 November 2020.
- Naval Supply Systems Command official website