|Autonomous community||Castile and León|
|Comarca||Comarca de Pinares|
|• Mayor||Paulino Eduardo Herrero Amat (PP)|
|• Total||25.03 km2 (9.66 sq mi)|
|Elevation||1,123 m (3,684 ft)|
|• Density||38/km2 (97/sq mi)|
|Time zone||CET (UTC+1)|
|• Summer (DST)||CEST (UTC+2)|
- Altitude: 1,105 meters. Latitude: 41° 49 ' 59 " N. Longitude: 003° 00 ' 00 ".
- Located in the zone of Low Pine Groves (Pinares Bajos) between the mountain ranges of Urbión and Resomo by the north, the mountain ranges of Nafria to the south and Cabrejas to the east.
- It belongs to the jurisdiction district of Soria, and is crossed by the road N-234 (Burgos-Soria), main communication way of the zone.
- Population: 974 inhabitants according to the National Institute of Statistic (2005).
It considerably increases the population in summer for being site of leisure, ideal for senders.
It belongs to the "Hermandad de la Cabaña Real de Carreteros, Burgos-Soria", (Brotherhood of the Royal Route of Cartwrights Burgos--Soria), created in the 15th century during the reign of Catholic Monarchs.
The Parish Church is dedicated to "San Esteban Protomártir".
The economy comes mainly from the forest industry for the creation of furniture, plank, board etc. Formerly great part of the population was dedicated to the transport of carts, like the neighbour villages. Navaleno and the zone are well known by the abundance and mycological quality that is in its pine groves.
As peculiar data, rolled a scene of the film Doctor Zhivago of David Lean, in the railway station, and had to improvise artificial snow that year because it didn't snow when they wanted to roll the scenes.
- The Celebrations of the Jesus Child - (Second Sunday of the year) with a theatre contest.
- The "pingada" May 1 - (pine of a big size, you have to climb like one greasy pole).
- The celebrations of San Roque - (from August 14 to 18).
- San Esteban (December 26 ).
- City Council of Navaleno Spanish & English.
- Navaleno "Un Nido en el Pinar"(por Jesús Rodrigo del Caz)
- Asociación micológica de Navaleno (por Jesús Rodrigo del Caz)
- Asociación cultural "LA BOMBONERA"(por Jesús Rodrigo del Caz)
- Government of Navaleno
- Workshop of the Theatre Cervantes Navaleno
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Navaleno.|