Navan is a rural community in Cumberland Ward in Ottawa, Ontario, Canada. It is located southeast of the suburban community of Orleans. Before its amalgamation with the city in 2001, Navan was within the City of Cumberland. It was named after the town of Navan in Ireland.
The Navan Fair is an annual event that takes place in the summertime, typically in August. It is held at the fairgrounds off of Colonial Road. The fair currently features midway rides, live music, concession stands, demolition derbies, exhibitions, parades, and various shows. The first fair took place in 1946. The admission for the first year of the fair was 35 cents for adults, 25 cents for children, and 25 cents for cars.
- JT Bradley’s, general store originally built in 1898 but rebuilt in 1949 after it burned down in 1948.
- Navan Memorial Centre and Arena, built in 1955, and completely rebuilt in 1982 after the 1955 arena was condemned.
- OC Transpo Park and Ride (at Memorial Centre)
- Navan Curling Club, opened in 1990.
- Heritage Public School, officially opened on September 5, 2006 to replace Meadowview Public School, which closed down in 2004.
- The Shaw House, located on the northwest corner of Trim Road and Smith Road, is a historic house built in 1876.
- The Domes, installed in the fairgrounds, originally used for the Papal Mass when Pope John Paul II visited Canada.
- St Mary's Anglican church constructed of local limestone and completed in 1898
- Navan Vars United Church dedicated in 1926
- Genevieve Thauvette, a notable creative photographer, is a native of Navan.
- Érik Bédard, a professional baseball player, is also a native of Navan.
This section is empty. You can help by adding to it. (March 2020)
- OC Transpo route 228 Albert and Bay (Weekdays only at 6:00, 6:28, 7:11)
- OC Transpo route 228 Sarsfield (Weekdays only at 16:25, 17:03, 18:00)
- OC Transpo route 302 Orleans (Tuesdays only at 9:15 to Orleans)(free)
- OC Transpo route 302 Cumberland (Tuesdays only at 15:08 to Cumberland)(free)
http://www.octranspo.com/routes?lang=en&date=20160517&rte=231 http://www.octranspo.com/routes?lang=en&date=20160517&rte=202 http://www.octranspo.com/routes/rural_park_ride https://www.google.ca/maps/place/Navan,+Ottawa,+ONfirstname.lastname@example.org,-75.4271915,15z/data=!4m5!3m4!1s0x4cce72f733df10b5:0xab6bb76081e6b784!8m2!3d45.421034!4d-75.4267251?hl=en http://www.progressivewaste.com/en/locations/navan-waste-recycling-and-disposal-facility http://ottawa.ca/en/residents/garbage-and-recycling/garbage-collection/collection-calendar http://www.carlsbadsprings.ca/?page_id=480