|Birth name||Navin Kundra|
11 January 1985|
|Occupation(s)||Singer, songwriter, composer, producer, performer, musician|
|Instruments||Guitar, piano, harmonium, drums|
Navin has achieved six number one singles in the Asian Charts, and won the 2013 'Entertainer of the Year' Award in the Houses of Parliament. In 2011, he became an ambassador for the British Asian Trust, and used his music to break a Guinness World Record raising £10,000 for the Trust. In 2012, Navin was appointed ambassador of the diabetes charity, Silver Star. Since becoming one of their ambassadors, Navin has helped the charity raise in excess of £10,000 by performing at fundraising events across the UK. Navin has delivered talks at youth conferences across the UK. In October 2013, Navin became the first British Asian singer to be invited to St James's Palace to perform for TRH Charles, Prince of Wales and Camilla, Duchess of Cornwall along with other guests. In November 2015, Navin was a headline performer at Wembley Stadium in London, for the visit of the PM of India, Shri Narendra Modi
His first break came on his 19th birthday when he represented the UK in a World Series of Zee TV's Sa Re Ga Ma Pa filmed in Dubai. This gave him the opportunity to showcase his talent to figures in the Indian music industry, as well as presenting his singing to a worldwide television audience.
He performed live at Birmingham Symphony Hall.
Navin has released eleven music videos – 'Bandagi', 'Tear It Up', 'Dangerous', 'Jind', 'Pa Na Na', 'Zinda Hoon' (I am Alive) with dancers from the Eastern Illusion Dance Troupe, the following were co-written and produced by Mushtaq – 'Love Thing', 'Mehbooba', 'Jee Le', 'Shudaayi' and 'Hamesha'.
In 2012, Navin was appointed ambassador of diabetes charity, Silver Star.
Food For Life Charity Event – London – 10 October 2009
Star Act at British Asian Sports Awards - London, 2010
Performance at a Silver Star event – 22 February 2010
Worked with Canadian director Jazz Virk and artist Prita Chhabra on Virk's project Dance on 28 May 2011.
Star Act and Guest Judge on the Asian dance show, 'Boogie Woogie', New York, 2011
Guinness World Records for largest Bollywood Dance at Manchester Mega Mela at Platt Fields Park in Fallowfield (1,406 people breaking the previous record of 1,336 people in Bandra, Mumbai, India) to his song Mehbooba on 23 July 2011.
Headline Act & Co-Presenter at Miss India UK Worldwide Beauty Pageant, London, 2012
Headline Act for 'Save Wild Tigers' Gala Event - London, 21 March 2013
Asian Express' 100 Years of Bollywood With Jackie Shroff in Bradford, 3 May 2013
Acoustic version of Amazing Grace in the River Room within the House of Lords, in support of the Lily Foundation; a charity which works to combat human trafficking and child abuse in India – 15 July 2014.
Navin performed for a second time for the Prime Minister of India Narendra Modi in Brussels to address the European Union (EU) on 30 March 2016.
Navin wrote the lyrics for Avina Shah's debut song "Tere Bina", released in October 2010. It is a charity song to raise awareness of domestic violence and is supported by the Southall Black Sisters. The song was inspired by the real-life story of Kiranjit Ahluwalia, played by Aishwarya Rai in the film Provoked.
Navin's Punjabi song 'Main Ha Tere Naal' (I am with You), which released in July 2007, is the soundtrack for the book trailer of Postcards from Goa, published on 19 September 2016.
Navin in Bollywood
Navin in Hollywood
- 'Tukde, Tukde' (Pieces), which released in September 2006, was Navin's debut song, sung in Punjabi. He co-wrote with M. Johal.
- 'Main Ha Tere Naal' (I am with You) released in July 2007 was his second release, sung in Punjabi.
- 'Zinda Hoon' (I am Alive) released 17 December 2007
- 'Khalli Dil' (Empty Heart) written and composed by Navin.
- 'Love Thing' hits BBC Asian Network Charts at No. 16 – 23 February 2009.
- 'Tere Liye' (For You) a love song (co-written with Mushtaq, composed and sung by Navin) was released 14 February 2009.
- 'Fade Away' (A Hindi and English track) released in June 2009 as a tribute to Michael Jackson.
- 'Mehbooba' released – 26 July 2009.
- 'Jee Le' released – 29 July 2010
- 'Aaja' released on iTunes – 14 February 2011.
- 'Nach Le' released on iTunes – 30 September 2011
- 'Shudaayi' released on iTunes – 20 August 2012.
- 'Hamesha' (Forever) released on 14 February 2013. It is the cover of the Heatwave R&B song Always and Forever.
- 'Pa Na Na' released on iTunes – 7 November 2013.
- 'Paint the Town' released on iTunes – 11 June 2014 as part of The Heights EP by Naamless a.k.a. Sahil Sabh.
- 'Dangerous' released on iTunes – 4 December 2014.
- 'Jind' (feat. Alison Gabrielle) released on iTunes – 12 February 2015
- 'Tear It Up' released on iTunes 12 August 2016.
- 'Bandagi' was released on iTunes – 27 January 2017.
- 'No Games' was released on iTunes 8 May 2017.
- 'Burning Slow' released on iTunes 9 February 2018.
- 'Ishq Humara' released on iTunes 11 May 2018
The Collection released on 19 September 2015. This eighteen track album includes Navin's six No. 1 hit tracks and three Hindi mix covers.
- "The Prince of Wales and The Duchess of Cornwall host a pre-tour reception". 24 October 2013. Retrieved 2 November 2013.
- "British singer Navin Kundra performs Jai Ho". Retrieved 13 November 2015.
- "Ambassador Navin Kundra". Retrieved 14 August 2013.
- "Global Village". 21 February 2013. Retrieved 14 August 2013.
- "Navin Kundra helps break Guinness World Record!". 23 July 2011. Retrieved 2 November 2013.
- "Tiger Gala Dinner Gallery". 21 March 2013. Retrieved 27 November 2013.
- "Singer Attracts Thousands To Good Causes". 11 October 2013. Retrieved 2 November 2013.
- "British Singer Navin Kundra Performs Jai Ho". 13 November 2015. Retrieved 13 November 2015.
- "Navin Kundra shines bright like a Diamond at Brussels PM Modi visit". 5 April 2016. Retrieved 5 April 2016.
- "Navin Kundra's Main Ha Tere Naal – Soundtrack for Historical Fiction Novel Postcards from Goa". 29 August 2016. Retrieved 16 April 2017.
- "Navin Kundra performs 'Mehbooba' on BBC One's 'Doctors'". 12 June 2017. Retrieved 14 June 2017.
- "Navin Kundra – Shudaayi – A Punjabi Track from The Spectacular Jihad of Taz Rahim". 20 August 2015. Retrieved 12 September 2015.
- "Navin Kundra's Hot New Dance Track Releases Today Worldwide". 7 November 2013. Retrieved 7 November 2013.
- "NaamLess releases 6 track EP 'The Heights' ft. Various". 15 June 2014. Retrieved 18 June 2014.
- "Navin is Feeling Dangerous". 24 December 2014. Retrieved 12 September 2015.
- "Navin Kundra's Jind Ft. Alison Gabrielle". 3 March 2015. Retrieved 12 September 2015.
- "Navin Kundra Announces His New Album – The Collection". 21 September 2015. Retrieved 21 September 2015.