This article contains content that is written like an advertisement. (March 2013) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Years active||1995 – present|
Navin Prabhakar is an Indian stand-up comedian, singer, actor and a mimicry artist. He is most known for his Pehchan Kaun (Mumbai bar girl) act on The Great Indian Laughter Challenge (2005). Subsequently, he hosted a mimicry and stand-up show Hello Kaun? Pehchaan Kaun (2008-2009).
Navin, a commerce graduate from Mumbai University, began his career as a singer, then actor, then began experimenting with making people laugh. After getting a good response in comedy deliveries, Navin decided to test himself at a national platform through the famous comedy show The Great Indian Laughter Challenge in 2005 which quickly made a name for himself with his trade-mark expression "Paichan Kon" of "Julie – the bar girl". After this, he worked on new ventures as a singer, actor, host, stand-up and mimicry artist. Gujarati corporate comedians. He started trend as working as a corporate comedian. His shows include 2hrs live laughter, where he does his trademark "Paichan Kon" act. On google, he is top in Indian corporate comedian category.
Prabhakar has given voiceover in films including Mohabbat Ho Gayi Hai Tumse, Maine Dil Tujhko Diya, Nehle Pe Dehla, Champion and Ara Ara Aaba, Aata Tari Thamba. He did the voiceover for the song "Dhagala lagli kala". He has also sung in Adnan Sami’s song "Lift Karade" (Remix) as a voiceover artist. Albums that were further released were Chor Chor, Spicy Mango, Jalwa Part II, Saangu and Naka.
|2007||No Problem||Jay||Marathi film|
|Bombay to Goa|
|2010||Bhavnao Ko Samjho||Shekhar|
|2012||Tere Naal Love Ho Gaya||Mr. Naidu|
|2013||Premacha Jhol Jhal||Pankaj||Marathi film|
|Phata Poster Nikhla Hero||Gopi|
|2014||Samrat & Co.||Hari|
|7 Hours to Go|
|2005||The Great Indian Laughter Challenge||Contestant||Star One||Finalist|
|2006||Takeshi's Castle||Narrator||Pogo TV||Hindi dubbed version|
|2008||Boogie Woogie||Guest Judge||Sony Entertainment Television|
|2008-2009||Laughter Knights||Himself||Star One|
|Hello Kaun? Pehchaan Kaun||Host|
|2012||Crime Patrol (Episodes 166 - 167)||Arjun Kangi||Sony TV|
|2013||Har Yug Mein Aayega Ek - Arjun (Episode 115)||Star Plus|
|2017||Bhabi Ji Ghar Par Hai!||Pramod||&TV|||
|The Great Indian Laughter Challenge 5||Guest||Star Plus|
- commonly misspelled as 'Naveen'
- "Laugh it up". The Times of India. 25 Aug 2007. Retrieved 2 March 2013.
- "Charge of the laugh brigade". The Telegraph. 21 November 2005. Retrieved 2 March 2013.
- "Roll over: It is boom time for the laughter industry". The Times of India. 22 May 2006. Retrieved 2 March 2013.
- "Reality show contestants now turn anchors". Indian Express. 29 December 2008. Archived from the original on 26 April 2013. Retrieved 2 March 2013.
- "Premacha Jhol Jhal Movie Review". The Times of India. Retrieved September 24, 2017.
- "Pogo lines up rib-tickling fare". March 27, 2006. Retrieved September 22, 2017.
- "Navin Prabhakar roped in for &TV's Bhabhi Ji Ghar Par Hain". Retrieved September 11, 2017.