Yokohama Tire LPGA Classic
|Location||Prattville, Alabama, U.S.|
|Course(s)||Robert Trent Jones Golf Trail, Capitol Hill, Senator Course|
|Length||6,460 yards (5,907 m)|
|Format||Stroke play - 72 holes|
|Prize fund||$1.3 million|
|Tournament record score|
|Aggregate||269 Katherine Hull (2010)|
|To par||–19 Katherine Hull (2010)|
The Yokohama Tire LPGA Classic was a women's professional golf tournament for six seasons on the LPGA Tour. The 72-hole event made its debut in September 2007 at the Capitol Hill location on the Robert Trent Jones Golf Trail in Prattville, Alabama, a suburb northwest of Montgomery. Maria Hjorth won the inaugural event on the Senator Course by one stroke over Stacy Prammanasudh.
Top-ranked Lorena Ochoa then won consecutive titles, in a playoff in 2008 and by four strokes in 2009. Katherine Hull won in 2010 by a single stroke and set the tournament scoring record at 269 (–19).
The event saw the then youngest-ever winner of an LPGA event in 2011, with Lexi Thompson's five-stroke victory at age 16. (Amateur Lydia Ko lowered the record to age 15 in 2012 in Canada.) In 2012, Stacy Lewis won her third event of the season by two strokes over Thompson, who carded a 63 (–9) on Thursday, but had a 74 (+2) on Saturday.
The Senator Course at RTJ Capitol Hill converted its greens from bent grass to Champion Bermuda grass in the summer of 2011. The title sponsor was Navistar International, a manufacturer of commercial trucks, engines, and school buses. Following the 2012 event, it elected not to continue as title sponsor, and the tournament was dropped from the schedule. The tournament reappeared on the 2014 LPGA Tour when the Yokohama Tire Corporation took over as the title sponsor.
- 2007: Navistar LPGA Classic
- 2008: Navistar LPGA Classic Presented by MaxxForce
- 2009–11: Navistar LPGA Classic Presented by Monaco RV
- 2012: Navistar LPGA Classic
- 2014: Yokohama Tire LPGA Classic
|Year||Dates||Champion||Country||Winning score||To par||Margin
|2012||Sep 20–23||Stacy Lewis||United States||66-70-65-69=270||–18||2 strokes||1,300,000||195,000|
|2011||Sep 15–18||Lexi Thompson1||United States||66-68-67-70=271||–17||5 strokes||1,300,000||195,000|
|2010||Oct 7–10||Katherine Hull||Australia||68-67-67-67=269||–19||1 stroke||1,300,000||195,000|
|2009||Oct 1–4||Lorena Ochoa (2)||Mexico||66-68-66-70=270||–18||4 strokes||1,400,000||210,000|
|2008||Sep 25–28||Lorena Ochoa||Mexico||67-67-69-70=273||–15||Playoff 2||1,400,000||210,000|
|2007||Sep 27–30||Maria Hjorth||Sweden||70-67-70-67=274||–14||1 stroke||1,300,000||195,000|
1 Thompson was not an LPGA member at the time of this win.
2 Won in a three-player sudden-death playoff on the second extra hole.
|2007||Stacy Prammanasudh||63 (–9)||1st|
|Amy Hung||63 (–9)||4th|
|Angela Park||63 (–9)||4th|
|2009||Yani Tseng||63 (–9)||2nd|
|2010||Mika Miyazato||63 (–9)||2nd|
|Lindsey Wright||63 (–9)||4th|
|2012||Lexi Thompson||63 (–9)||1st|
- "Hjorth captures first LPGA Tour win since 1999". ESPN. Associated Press. September 30, 2007. Retrieved February 21, 2013.
- "Ochoa nips Kung on 2nd playoff hole for Navistar Classic crown". ESPN. Associated Press. September 28, 2008. Retrieved February 21, 2013.
- "Ochoa ends 11-start skid with repeat". ESPN. Associated Press. October 4, 2009. Retrieved February 21, 2013.
- "Katherine Hull wins second LPGA event". ESPN. Associated Press. October 10, 2010. Retrieved February 21, 2013.
- "Lexi Thompson wins Navistar Classic". ESPN. Associated Press. September 18, 2011. Retrieved February 21, 2013.
- "Stacy Lewis wins Navistar Classic". ESPN. Associated Press. September 23, 2012. Retrieved February 21, 2013.
- "Senator Course Renovation Update". Navistar LPGA Classic. August 16, 2011. Retrieved September 19, 2012.
- Baldry, Beth Ann (January 15, 2013). "LPGA builds on Lewis' success with '13 schedule". Golf Week. Retrieved February 21, 2013.
- Mell, Randall (January 15, 2013). "LPGA releases 2013 schedule". NBC Sports. Retrieved February 21, 2013.
- "Yokohama Tire Corporation to be Title Sponsor of LPGA Tournament in Alabama". LPGA. February 4, 2014. Retrieved March 10, 2014.
- Official website
- LPGA Tour - official tournament microsite
- Robert Trent Jones Golf Trail: Capitol Hill