|Founder||Deshamanya H. K. Dharmadasa|
|Headquarters||Deshamanya, 23 H K Dharmadasa Mawatha, Colombo 2,|
Number of locations
|Dr Jayantha Dharmadasa (Chairman) |
Vidya Jyothi Professor Lal Gotabhaya Chandrasena (Director)
|Products||Hospitals, Pharmacy, Diagnostic Centre, Multi-specialty tertiary care|
|Revenue||Rs 8.556 billion (2019)|
|Rs 1.192 billion (2019)|
|Rs 15.98 million (2019)|
|Total assets||Rs 17.704 billion (2019)|
|Total equity||Rs 3.413 billion (2019)|
|Owner||Nawaloka Construction Company (64.17%)|
Vallibel One (27.65%)
Number of employees
|Parent||Nawaloka Construction Company |
|Website||Nawaloka Hospital Colombo|
Nawaloka Hospital was established in 1985 by Deshamanya H. K. Dharmadasa. Nawaloka Hospital is one of Sri Lankas largest private hospitals and has created a chain of hospitals across the country. It was founded by H.K. Dharmadasa in 1985. It is also the first hospital in Sri Lanka to introduce Intensive Care Units, Coronary Care Units, Laparoscopic Surgery and Thoracic Surgery.
It was founded by business magnet H.K. Dharmadasa (aka Nawaloka mudalai) in 1985 as the first corporate privet hospital in Sri Lanka. Nawaloka Hospital Group was listed on the Colombo Stock Exchange in 2004. The hospital has more than 400 beds and 1,000 stuff members. On 2011 Nawaloka awarded ISO 9001:2008 Certification. On 1987 introduced first CT scan and MRI scan in Sri Lanka. Nawaloka Hospital won first Sri Lanka quality award in 1998.
Nawaloka Medical Centres
Nawaloka a division of Nawaloka Pharmacy PLC, is a branded pharmacy network in Sri Lanka.
- Public Service Star Award of Singapore
- ISO 9001:2015
- 5 Crown Award for Food Hygiene
- National Business Excellence Award
- "Nawaloka Hospital 2019-20 Annual Report" (PDF). Colombo Stock Exchange. pp. 14, 15. Retrieved November 20, 2020.
- "Nawaloka Hospital 2017-18 Annual Report" (PDF). Colombo Stock Exchange. pp. 11, 15. Retrieved May 23, 2018.
- "Sri Lanka private hospitals to give Coronvirus testing capacity to government". EconomyNext. 2020-04-29. Retrieved 2021-05-11.
- "Dr. Jayantha Dharmadasa honoured with the prestigious Public Service Star Award of Singapore | Daily FT". www.ft.lk. Retrieved 2021-05-11.
- "Nawaloka Hospitals awarded 5th consecutive 5 Crown Award for Food Hygiene". bizenglish.adaderana.lk. Retrieved 2021-05-11.