|• Ethnicities||Shan, Bamar|
|Time zone||MST (UTC+6.30)|
Nawnghkio, variously spelt Naunghkio, Naungcho or Nawngcho, is a town in Kyaukme District, in northern Shan State, Burma. It is the principal town and administrative seat of Nawnghkio Township. It is connected to Mandalay, Pyin U Lwin, Kyaukme, Hsipaw and Lashio by road and rail and by road to Taunggyi via National Road 43. Asia World Company won the contract to rebuild part of the road in 2002. Originally on the Mandalay-Lashio Road, after Pyin U Lwin and before Kyaukme, Nawnghkio is on what is now the Mandalay-Muse Road, part of the Asian Highway Route 14 (AH14).
Women of reproductive age (15-49) in Kyaukme and Nawnghkio have been targeted for improvement in reproductive health in the community in collaboration with Japan. A study mission was started in June 2004, with the project continuing for the period January 2005- December 2009.
- "Asian Highway in Myanmar" (PDF). unescap.org. Retrieved 2009-02-01.
- "Train travel in Myanmar(Burma)". seat61.com. Retrieved 2009-02-01.
- "Road construction contract signed". New Light of Myanmar. 16 August 2002. Retrieved 2009-02-01.
- "Coffee: a promising export item" (PDF). New Light of Myanmar. 7 November 2003. Retrieved 2009-02-01.
- "Preparation for the New Project on Reproductive Health with Community Initiative in Myanmar". Japanese Organization for International Cooperation in Family Planning (JOICFP). September 2004. Retrieved 2009-03-24.
- Dr Kyee Myint. "Country Presentation:The 4th Asean & Japan High Level Officials Meeting on Caring Societies, 28.8.2006.to 31.8.2006" (PDF). Ministry of Health. Retrieved 2009-03-24.