This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Nayakuralu Nagamma was a renowned statesperson and minister to King Nalagama, the ruler of Palanadu in Guntur District. She is one of the key characters, along with Bramha Naidu, in the epic war - Palnati Yudham (War of Palnad) set in the medieval Andhra Pradesh, a southern state of India.
In popular culture
- Palnati Yudham, 1947 and 1966 Telugu films depicted various aspects of the war and the human emotions surrounding it.
- The 1947 film was directed by L. V. Prasad, one of the pioneers of Indian cinema and a Dadasaheb Phalke Award recipient and starred Govindarajula Subba Rao as Brahmanaidu, P. Kannamba as Nagamma and Akkineni Nageswara Rao, another Dadasaheb Phalke Award recipient as Balachandrudu.
- The 1966 film starred N.T.R as Brahmanaidu and Bhanumathi Ramakrishna as Nagamma.
- "Palnati Charithra", by Srinatha Kavi
- TV5 News (2012-02-29), Special Story on Nagamma - TV5, retrieved 2017-01-13
- B S L Hanumantha Rao, Social Mobility in Medieval Andhra, Telegu Academy Press
- Palanati Vira charitra, Oral Epic