|Known for||Work in Archaeology|
|Awards||John F. Richards, Infosys Prize|
|Institutions||Professor of History at Ashoka University|
Nayanjot Lahiri is a historian and archaeologist of ancient India and a professor of history at Ashoka University. She was previously on the faculty of the department of history at the University of Delhi.
Her books include The Archaeology of Indian Trade Routes (1992) and Finding Forgotten Cities (2005). She has edited The Decline and Fall of the Indus Civilization (2000) and an issue of World Archaeology entitled The Archaeology of Hinduism (2004).
- Ashoka in Ancient India. Harvard University Press. 2015. ISBN 9780674057777.
- Finding Forgotten Cities: How the Indus Civilization was discovered. Hachette India. 2012. ISBN 9789350094198.
- With Singh, Upinder, eds. (2010). Ancient India: new research. New Delhi: Oxford University Press. ISBN 9780198068303.
- Trautman, Thomas (May 2016). "Ashoka in Ancient India (book review)". H-net. Retrieved 26 May 2016.
- "Walk back to the past: Take a tour of the Harappan civilisation in a Delhi museum".
- "Ashoka University". www.ashoka.edu.in. Retrieved 12 October 2016.
- "Prof. Nayanjot Lahiri". Infosys Science Foundation. 2013. Retrieved 26 May 2016.
- "2013 Infosys Science Prize Winners Announced". India Today. 14 November 2013. Retrieved 26 May 2016.
- "Nayanjot Lahiri bags prize for book on Ashoka".
- Lahiri, Nayanjot (2005). Finding Forgotten Cities. Ranikhet: Permanent Black. ISBN 978-8178244648.
|This article about an Indian scientist is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|