|Birth name||Nayer Regalado|
|Genres||Pop And Beatboxer|
Nayer Regalado  better known by the mononym Nayer (sometimes stylized as NAYER!), is a Latin pop singer. She is known as being a featured artist along with Ne-Yo for Pitbull's 2011 hit single "Give Me Everything", produced by Afrojack. She is also known for her hit single in 2012 titled "Suavemente (kiss me)" featuring Pitbull and Swedish-Congolese singer-songwriter Mohombi. She also was featured by Enrique Iglesias in the Remix of his single Dirty Dancer along with other artist like Lil Wayne and Usher.
Early life and career
Nayer is Cuban. Both of her parents were born in Cuba and the mother has some Lebanese (Arabic) ancestry. A native of Miami, Florida, she began a singing and acting career at the age of 7.So she is American of Cuban decent.
2002–07: Career beginnings
Nayer has appeared in numerous ads, commercials, soap operas, carnivals, foundations, charity events and TV programs. She has participated in a major talent competition named "Star Search" and she has also appeared in television show Sábado Gigante, and in a show called La piñata loca (broadcast through Univision). Supported by her parents, she moved to Los Angeles when she was 14, to record a six song demo. After shopping the demo to labels, Nayer secured a major recording deal at Miami-based and Latin music-oriented Sony Discos which was looking for a voice for a new track called "First Kiss (Primer Beso)". Recorded by Nayer at the age of 16, produced and remixed by DJ Fluid in both English and Spanish, "First Kiss (Primer Beso)" is a dance song, and climbed dance music charts soon after its release in June 2002 hitting the Billboard Top 40 Dance Charts. However, due to business reasons, Nayer’s debut album was never released.
Nayer continued on sharpening her singing, dancing, guitar and piano skills while still singing/song-writing until she was picked up in 2005 to replace Candice Pillay in pop-R&B girl group Anything But Monday, they released their first single "Buckwild" in 2008, by allowing DJs to access and file-share the master tracks for remixing.
2009–13: Pitbull and debut album
Nayer was discovered by Cuban-American rapper Pitbull in 2008 whom she had the opportunity to do a collaboration with a few years back while signed to Sony. She immediately got in with producers and started working on her music & song-writing, while in the process she appeared on various songs and videos of the rapper from his albums Rebelution (2009), Armando (2010) and Planet Pit (2011), such as "I Know You Want Me (Calle Ocho)" and "Shut It Down" (feat. Akon). She then did a joint venture with RedOne who quickly believed that he saw the Star quality and the "IT" factor in Nayer, "She's a Superstar!".
In 2011, Nayer was featured on Enrique Iglesias' single "Dirty Dancer (Remix)" along Usher and Lil Wayne, and she held a cameo appearance in Enrique Iglesias' "I Like How It Feels" music video. She was also a featured artist on Pitbull's smash "Give Me Everything", along with Ne-Yo and Afrojack. The song topped charts at #1 worldwide for consecutive weeks, giving her the opportunity to perform in such shows like "Dancing With The Stars", American/Latin Billboards, "Tonight Show" with Jay Leno, the MTV Music Awards, Premios Juventud (Latin), Jimmy Kimmel Show, All Star NBA Halftime Show and many more. Nayer was also nominated in 2011 for MTV Video Music Award as Best Collaboration, and up for four Latin Billboard Nominations in 2012 with "Give Me Everything", being the 2nd female to have the most Nominations. In Sep 2012, the singer released her single, a song titled "Suave (Kiss Me)", which features Pitbull and Swedish-Congolese singer Mohombi. Her single topped Billboard charts with #1 in Turkey #1 in Morocco, #3 in Germany, #2 in Sweden, #1 in France, and Top 20 in Canada. She then joined as opening act Enrique Iglesias and Pitbull on the "Euphoria Tour" across the U.S Europe and Canada. She released a Spanish cover of Rihanna's smash hit "Only Girl (In the World)" featuring Dominican rapper El Cata. Nayer is working on her debut album with RedOne, and other producers has just finished the Euphoria tour with Pitbull and Enrique Iglesias. Nayer was featured in the official remix of Fonseca's single "Eres Mi Sueño" alongside Spanish rapper Maffio. During an interview at the 2013 Billboard Music Awards Nayer mentioned she has collaborated with multiple artists and is currently recording new music.
2014–present: Upcoming studio album
In 2014, she signed with an independent label.. And is preparing to Release her Latin/Spanish single this Summer.. Singing in both English and Spanish..
|Title||Year||Peak chart positions||Album|
|"First Kiss"||2002||39||—||—||—||First Kiss|
|"Suave (Kiss Me)"
(featuring Mohombi and Pitbull)
|"My Body"/"Mi Cuerpo"
|"—" denotes a title that was not released or did not chart in that territory.|
As featured artist
|Title||Year||Peak chart positions||Certifications||Album|
(Pitbull featuring Nayer)
|"Give Me Everything"
(Pitbull featuring Ne-Yo, Afrojack and Nayer)
|"Dirty Dancer (Remix)"
(Enrique Iglesias & Usher featuring Lil Wayne and Nayer)
|"Name of Love"
(Jean-Roch featuring Pitbull and Nayer)
|2012||—||—||—||—||49||—||—||—||—||—||Music Saved My Life|
|"—" denotes a title that was not released or did not chart in that territory.|
|2009||"Full of Shit"||Pitbull featuring Nayer & Bass III Euro||Rebelution|
|2010||"Vida 23||Pitbull featuring Nayer||Armando|
|2012||"Eres Mi Sueño (Urbana)"||Fonseca featuring Nayer & Maffio||Ilusión|
- "Google". Google. Retrieved 2014-06-20.
- Anything But Monday promo kit
- "Pitbull, Ne-Yo & Nayer Hit Up 'Premios Juventud'". Directlyrics.com. 2011-07-23. Retrieved 2014-06-20.
- "iTunes - Music - Suave (Kiss Me) [feat. Mohombi & Pitbull] - Single by Nayer". Itunes.apple.com. 2011-08-02. Retrieved 2014-06-20.
- MusicRemedy.com /. "Nayer - Suave (Kiss Me) ft Pitbull & Mohombi - Listen/Watch Now". Musicremedy.com. Retrieved 2014-06-20.
- "Nayer album & single discography". Allmusic. May 15, 2011. Retrieved May 16, 2011.
- "Canadian Chart History: Nayer - Suave (Kiss Me)". Canadian Hot 100. acharts.us. Retrieved 2011-02-10.
- "Nayer on Les Charts". Les Charts. lescharts.com. Retrieved 2011-02-10.
- "Nayer on Slovenská". IFPI. (IFPI). Retrieved 2011-02-10.
- "Pitbull on Billboard Chart History". Billboard. Retrieved 2010-05-13.
- "Australian Singles Chart: Nayer on ARIA". australiancharts.com. Retrieved 2010-05-13.
- "Nayer Albums & Singles on Austrian Charts". austriancharts.com. Retrieved 2010-05-13.
- ""Give Me Everything" - Pitbull featuring Ne-Yo, Afrojack & Nayer: Charts History". acharts. Retrieved 2010-05-13.
- List of Nayer singles released on Slovakia:
- "Pitbull featuring Nayer: UK Singles Chart: Albums & Singles". The Official Charts Company. Retrieved 2010-05-13.
- "ARIA - Multi Platinum certifications: Enrique Iglesias". Australian Recording Industry Association. Retrieved 2012-02-18.
- "IFPI Austria - Verband der Ã–sterreichischen Musikwirtschaft" (in German). Ifpi.at. Retrieved 2012-02-18.
- "Bundesverband Musikindustrie: Gold-/Platin-Datenbank". Musikindustrie.de. Retrieved 2012-02-18.
- "Latest Gold / Platinum Singles". RadioScope New Zealand. Retrieved 2011-05-17.
- "Veckolista Singlar - Vecka 25, 24 juni 2011:1". Sverigetopplistan. GLF. 24 June 2011. Retrieved 25 June 2011.
- Steffen Hung (2011-10-30). "Schweizer Hitparade - Singles Top 75 30.10.2011". hitparade.ch. Retrieved 2012-02-18.
- Steffen Hung (2011-10-30). "BPI - Singles Top 75 30.10.2011". British Phonographic Industry. Retrieved 2012-02-18.
- "RIAA - Gold certifications: Enrique Iglesias". Recording Industry Association of America. Retrieved 2012-02-18.
- "Music Canada - Platinum certifications: Enrique Iglesias". Music Canada / former CRIA. Retrieved 2012-02-18.
- Nayer on Facebook
- Nayer on Twitter
- Nayer VEVO's channel on YouTube
- Nayer at the Internet Movie Database