|Birth name||Nazım Ziyaeddin Nazım Osmanoğlu|
|Born||24 September 1985|
Pembury, Royal Tunbridge Wells, Kent
|Medium||Stand-up, television, radio|
|Subject(s)||Television, everyday life, celebrities, Comedy|
|Parent(s)||Mehmed Ziyaeddin Osmanoğlu (father)|
|Notable works and roles||WitTank, Stand-Up, Flat News, Russell Howard's Good News|
Şehzade Nazım Ziyaeddin Nazım Osmanoğlu (born 24 September 1985), known professionally as Naz Osmanoglu, is a British comedian and member of the Imperial House of Osman, former ruling dynasty of the Ottoman Empire.
Osmanoglu was the winner of the 2009 "Amused Moose Laugh Off", runner-up in "So You Think You're Funny" in 2009, and member of sketch trio "WitTank", which featured on the BBC Three stand up and sketch series Live at the Electric. He also made an appearance in Russell Howard's Good News. He appeared in "Flat TV", a short online comedy series for BBC Three, with flatmate Tom Rosenthal. Recently, he has done stand-up shows, titled "1000% Awesome" and "Ottoman Without an Empire", appearing at the Edinburgh Festival with both, as well as many gigs throughout the UK & Europe, and also in California.
In 2015, he visited Turkey, the home of his ancestors, for the first time. During his stay he visited the Dolmabahçe Palace where his grandfather Şehzade Cengiz Nazim was born. He also held three different standup comedies that were well received by the Turkish audience.
Osmanoglu is 16th in line to become the Head of the Imperial House of Osman. The Ottoman Empire was succeeded by the Republic of Turkey in 1923 after the monarchy was abolished the previous year; the members of the royal Ottoman (Turkish: Osmanlı) family were initially exiled to Europe. Osmanoglu uses his everyday nickname "Naz" and his last name (without the modern Turkish diacritic ğ) as his personal, professional, and stage name, being known simply as Naz Osmanoglu.
- Osmanoğlu family, the current family
- House of Osman, the family's historical form
- Line of succession to the former Ottoman throne
- Star Gazete. "Sarayda yaşamayan stand up'çı prens". Archived from the original on 2012-03-15. Retrieved 2011-10-13.
- Sabah. "Osmanlı Hanedanı vakıf çatısı altında toplanıyor". Archived from the original on 2012-03-25. Retrieved 2011-10-07.
- The British Comedy Guide. "Naz Osmanoglu: 1000% Awesome". Retrieved 2011-10-07.
- Fest Mag. "Naz Osmanoglu: 1000% Awesome". Retrieved 2011-10-07.
- "Ottoman prince visits former realm to spread laughter". Reuters. 2016-10-25. Retrieved 2017-04-21.
- London is Funny. "The Spotlight on ... Naz Osmanoglu". Archived from the original on 2012-03-15. Retrieved 2011-10-07.
|This article about a British comedian or humorist is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|