|Born||9 June 1985|
|Occupation||Weather presenter, TV Presenter|
|Spouse(s)||Charlie Rose (m. 2016)|
Nazaneen Ghaffar is a British television weather presenter. She was born on 9 June 1985. She currently appears on the Sky News channel, having previously presented for BBC South East Today and ITV West.
Ghaffar grew up in Tunbridge Wells, Kent, where she attended St James’ Primary School and Tunbridge Wells Girls' Grammar School. After completing her A-levels she studied for a BA (hons) degree in Broadcasting at the Ravensbourne College of Design and Communication in Chislehurst. Her parents are Iranians who met in England.
Upon graduating in 2006, her first television industry job was for Endemol in Bristol as a runner for the programme Deal or No Deal. After moving on to ITV West, her first on-screen opportunity arrived when she was asked to try out for a weather presenting position and trained as a weather forecaster with the Met Office. After 18 months of presenting for ITV she moved back to Kent to join the BBC's South East Today programme.
On 4 November 2010 it was announced that Ghaffar was leaving the BBC to join Sky News as weather presenter on its Sunrise programme, replacing Lucy Verasamy who had left to join ITV's Daybreak. She also presented forecasts for Sky News produced 5 News on Channel 5 until 19 February 2012.
- "Nazaneen Ghaffar celebrity picture gallery". http://www.lazygirls.info. Retrieved 31 October 2015. External link in
- "Sky New's Weather presenter Nazaneen Ghaffar on Tunbridge Wells and life in Kent". Kent Life. Retrieved 2012-02-21.
- "Nazaneen Ghaffar - BBC South East Today profile". bbc.co.uk. 2010-02-15. Retrieved 2011-01-20.
- "New weather presenter to join Sky News Sunrise team". skypressoffice.co.uk. Retrieved 2011-01-20.
- Nazaneen Ghaffar on Twitter
- BBC South East Today presenter profile
- Sky Weather Girls blog
- Nazaneen Ghaffar at the Internet Movie Database
|This biographical article about a climatologist or meteorologist is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This biographical article related to British television is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|