Nazar (TV series)
|Written by||Story: |
|Directed by||Atif Khan|
|Theme music composer||Tapas Relia|
|Opening theme||Saajna by Pamela Jain|
|Country of origin||India|
|No. of seasons||1|
|No. of episodes||146 as of 15 February 2019|
|Camera setup||Multi camera|
|Running time||24 min approx|
|Production company(s)||4 Lions Films|
|Audio format||Dolby Digital|
|Original release||30 July 2018 –|
Nazar (lit. Evil eye) is an Indian supernatural television series, which airs on Star Plus and streams on Hotstar. The story is about an evil Daayan and the troubles faced by the family under her nazar. Nazar is dubbed in Telugu and aired as Ave Kallu on Star Maa, in Tamil on Star Vijay as Adhe Kangal in India and Malaysia only, not internationally, also will be dubbed in Malayalam and will be shown as Avaabaraam on Asianet.
This article's plot summary may be too long or excessively detailed. (January 2019) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
The story revolves around a 250 year old life sucking humanoid creature called Daayan (identical to a vampire), Mohana Rathod (Antara Biswas) kills people to steal their age (vitality / life force) which keeps her young and beautiful. She enchants Mridul Rathod (Ankur Nayyar) who becomes captivated by her surreal beauty. They marry and have two children, Ansh and Kajal, after which Mohana kills Mridul. Divya Sharma (Smita Bansal), a psychical daayan hunter and a friend of Mridul's sister-in-law , Vedashree Rathod (Ritu Chaudhary)( ie, Mridul's elder Brother, Shekhar's (Amit Koushik) wife) comes to help Mridul's bedevilled family and ward off the evil eye. They pursue Mohana into the woods along with a mob of villagers holding torches. Once cornered, Mohana was set on fire which turns her into stone. But as Mohana is a unique and very powerful Daayan, her evil eye/ Nazar still lurks on the family. Vedashree and Shekhar adopts Ansh and Kajal.
18 Years Later
Ansh (Harsh Rajput) and Kajal(Pallavi Gupta) are grown up along with their cousins Rishi (Jatin Bhardwaj) and Neha (Resham P S) far from the village of Baandap. Ansh discovers his supernatural powers, but is unaware that he is a Daavansh (the son of a Daayan). He can be saved from turning to the dark only by a girl who has Goddess Durga's symbol as her birthmark, and is referred to as the Daivik(demigoddess). Divya's daughter, Piya Sharma (Niyati Fatnani), has the symbol of the Goddess Durga behind her neck as a birthmark. Sparks fly between Ansh and Piya though they didn't see each other. Piya who is in search of her lost mother, comes across her father, Nishant Sharma (Sumit Kaul),a 'Rewavanshi'(The only heir of Rewa dynasty)or Daayan Hunter and her sister, Saavi Sharma (Simran Buddharup). Mohana sends a puppet Daayan Ruby (Sonyaa) with a fake Durga's symbol to marry Ansh so that Mohana can return and also to keep the family from knowing the real Daivik. Ansh and Vedashree come under Ruby's control during which Ruby and Ansh get married while the rest of the family is spellbound and cast into a deep sleep.The marriage releases Mohana from the charms and spells that imprisoned her. The Rathod family reunites with Mohana, and Ansh learns about his real mother. Naman (Aamir S Khan), Piya's childhood friend and obsessive lover, attempts to marry Piya by taking advantage of his unwell mother, a visually challenged Priestess, Guru Maa(Amardeep Jha, who raised Piya after Divya's disappearance), but somehow Ansh stops the wedding.Fearing Ansh's budding romance with Piya, and the growing ties and bonds of the Rathods with Piya, Mohana sends a message summoning an Asura named 'Bhaisasur' from "Paathaal-Lohk" to scare Piya away. Bhaisasur gets enraged on Mohana for cutting his daughter, Ruby's plait as a punishment.To Mohana's horror, Bhaisasur was goring and pounding Ansh not Piya, Ansh fought back taking his Daavansh form but in vain. Seeing Ansh half-dead , Piya invokes Goddess Durga for help, who swiftly heeds to her plea. Piya enters a tranced religious dance, Tandava and manifests her Daivik form in complete Durga's attire(with multiple arms and astras).Initially, the beast seemed invincible despite Piya's multiple strikes, but after Mohana tells her the Demon's Achilles heel, Piya smites him dead with her Trident. Everyone witness the battle and learn that Piya is the real Daivik. Mohana reveals to Piya that she has trapped Divya in the form of a bird all these years and blackmails her to marry Naman else she will kill Divya, but somehow Ansh manages to stop the marriage after which he learns about his Daavansh self. Mohana proves herself as Vedashree's half sister by merging her magical plait with Vedashree's plait which shocks them and frightens Chaitali Rathod (Ashita Dhawan)(Mridul and Shekhar's younger brother Avinash Rathod's (Kapil Soni) wife), in particular. A few days later, Naman gains the powers of a Daayan by wearing Ruby's cut-off plait and terrorises the Raathod family all night to get Mohana's plait, But Vedashree revitalises a temporarily weakened Mohana by letting daylight into the room at dawn, and saves her. However, the family faces new challenges after Saavi, who gets hypnotised by Mohana releases Dilruba (Sreejita De), a beautiful and dangerous Chudail(evil spirit) to hatch a new conspiracy to separate Piya and Ansh. Dilruba creates 'Raagchakra' to captivate Piya and Ansh but Piya manages to throw Ansh out of the Raagchakra and saves him. Nishant discerns that Dilruba is after Piya and sets out to forest to save her along with a "Panch weapon'(used to attack chudail) given to him by Guru Maa. Entrapped in the Raagchakra, Piya agrees to Dilruba's demand of swapping themselves for saving Ansh's life. Later at home, Ansh notices Piya's unusual behaviour and recognize her to be Dilruba. He makes Dilruba dance in Joy with Mohana's help due to which Raagchakra breaks and Piya gets freed.Mohana agrees for Ansh-Piya marriage and frees Divya, who is later revealed to be a 'Sarpika' and eventually kills her before which Divya transforms her Sarpika powers to Piya. Ansh and Piya gets married. Later Piya learns about Mohana's real motives of eating Ansh on the day of Lunar Eclipse to become immortal. Piya goes into coma or 'Trishanku-Lohk'(as Dilruba makes her drink poison) after which Ansh completely turns into dark and become an extremely powerful Davansh. However Piya returns with the help of 'Trinetra Mani' and brings Ansh back from the darkness. After many unsuccessful attempts, Piya brings Mohana's true colors in front of Rathore family after which Ansh expells Mohana from their flat. Later Mohana's twinsister Dola, a 'Dukaayan' (Priya Malik) (double-headed Daayan) who rules the 'Swapna-Lohk' comes to take Ansh's life. She misguides her daughter, Ruby to call Ansh to Swapna lohk but on learning her mother's intentions, Ruby denies to support her and helps the Rathod family.Dola somehow comes to earth and stuns the family by threatening to kill Ansh and puts forth a shocking demand before Piya to kill Mohana if she wants her to spare Ansh. Mohana and Piya come up with a clever plan and makes Dukayan believe that Mohana is dead.With Nishant's help, Rathod family attacks Dola using 'Makarketh' flowers by letting the sunrays fall on it on the auspicious day of Makar Sankranti and kills her in the process, however Dola is revived by Mohana. After making Piya devoid of Powers by forcing Piya to transform her Sarpika powers to Ansh, the Daayan sisters tries to burn her using 'Tharal-Agni'. Piya invokes Goddess Durga who sends her Vahana-Tiger to rescue Piya returning her Daivik powers. Piya appears in complete Durga's attire to kill the Daayan sisters however Ansh stops her and turns Mohana into a stone while Piya turns Dola into a stone. A 'Sarpavanshi' (Kushagre Dua) hypnotises Ansh using a Pungi and steals his Sarpika powers. He disguises himself as Ansh and targets Piya's Trinetra Mani powers. Ruby frees Mohana and Dola to regain her Daayan powers.On the day of Lunar Eclipse, Sarp weakens Ansh by misdirecting Vedashree and attacks Piya but somehow Ansh returns and saves her. Later Mohana's plan backfire as she eats the disguised Sarp instead of Ansh during the Muhurta of Lunar Eclipse but having eaten a Sarp, Mohana becomes a 'Sarpayan' possessing dual powers. Dola shows Mohana's Daayan Horoscope which reveals that Ansh's child will mark the death of Mohana. Rathod Family is elated to learn about Piya's pregnancy. Enter 'Asuransh', an evil entity and a new neighbour of Rathod's, who kidnaps girls of Aldebaran / Rohini Nakshatra to check for a symbol in them and then sets them free by erasing their memory. Nishant discerns about this when Asuransh kidnaps Saavi and then sets her free. Ansh learns about Mohana's intentions to kill Piya and their unborn child. He flees to a forest with Piya but on realising that Mohana can use him to reach out to Piya, he decides to stay away from Piya till the baby is born. With heavy hearts, Ansh and Piya part ways for the sake of their baby.
6 Months Later
Nishant continues to gather informations about Asuransh and his intentions. A depressed Ansh stays at his home while Piya gives birth to a healthy Baby Boy in a Lord Shiva Temple. Mohana follows Ansh when he goes in search of Piya but Ansh tricks Mohana and saves Piya and their new born baby.
- Antara Biswas as Mohana Rathod, a 250 years old and the most powerful Daayan, Ansh and Kajal's biological mother, Mridul's wife, Dola's twin-sister and Vedashree's half-sister who eats people's age to remain young .Having acquired the powers of Sarpika, she is now a Sarpayan.
- Harsh Rajput as Ansh Rathod, Piya's Husband. Vedashree and Shekhar's adopted son. Mohana and Mridul's biological son. He is a Daavansh with supernatural powers.
- Niyati Fatnani as Piya Sharma Rathod, Ansh's wife, Nishant and Divya's daughter, Saavi's elder sister. She is the Daivik who has a Goddess Durga's mark on her shoulder, which works like an Amulet. She becomes a Sarpika after her mother's death. Her Sarpika powers are gone and now she is a Daivik.
- Ritu Chaudhary Seth as Vedashree Rathod, Ansh and Kajal's adoptive mother, Divya's friend, Shekhar's wife.Mohana's and Dola's younger half sister.
- Sumit Kaul as Professor Nishant Sharma, Piya and Saavi's father, Divya's husband and a Reevavanshi.
- Amardeep Jha as Guru Maa, a visually challenged priestess who raised Piya after Divya's disappearance.
- Ashita Dhawan as Chaitali Rathod, Avinash's wife, Rishi and Neha's mother and Ansh and Kajal's aunt.
- Amit Kaushik as Shekhar Rathod, Vedashree's husband, Ansh and Kajal's adoptive father, Mridul & Avinash's brother.
- Kapil Soni as Avinash Rathod, Chaitali's husband, Rishi and Neha's father and Ansh and Kajal's uncle, Shekhar and Mridul's brother.
- Jatin Bhardwaj as Rishi Rathod, Avinash and Chaitali's son, Neha's brother, Ansh and Kajal's cousin.
- Resham P S as Neha Rathod, Avinash and Chaitali's daughter, Rishi's sister, Ansh and Kajal's cousin.
- Pallavi Gupta as Kajal Rathod, Ansh's sister, Vedashree and Shekhar's adopted daughter, Mohana and Mridul's biological daughter.
- Simran Budharup as Saavi Sharma, Divya and Nishant's daughter, Piya's younger sister and a Reevavanshi.
- Aamir S Khan as Naman/Dusarpa/Ruby, Guru Maa's son and Piya's obsessive lover. He become a Daayan-human hybrid called Ladka Daayan using Ruby's cut-off plait. Naman also becomes a Dusarpa (two headed snake) after a snake mistakens him as her husband and bites him. Ruby then takes over his body to complete her revenge against Mohana.
- Sonyaa Pink as Ruby, a Daayan, Mohana's puppet, as she Marries Ansh on Mohana's Order to free her from imprisonment. She dies trying to save Ansh but later takes over Naman's body to complete her revenge against Mohana with the help of her mother. She gets her body and powers back with the help of her mother Dola. 
- Kushagre Dua as Sarp, a male snake who is after Mani that Pia has.
- Sreejita De as Dilruba, the most powerful Chudail and Mohana's rival. She falls in love with Ansh and becomes Dusarpa with Naman to take her revenge because Ansh marries Piya instead of her.
- Priya Malik as Dola, the Dukaayan (two-headed Daayan), Ruby's mother, Mohana's enemy and twin-sister, Vedashree's half-sister.
- Vishnu Sharma as Panditji, Rathod family's priest and Nishant and Guru Maa's acquaintance
- Smita Bansal as Divya Sharma, Nishant's Piya's and Saavi's mother, a Reevavanshi and a Sarpavanshi Naagin Sarpika, Mohana's best friend who later becomes her rival.
- Moni Rai as a man in first episode, and the first known victim of Mohana.
- Ankur Nayyar as Mridul Rathod, Mohana's husband who is killed by her, Shekhar's younger brother, Ansh and Kajal's biological father.
- Shweta Keshri (30 July 2018). "Nazar to Hum: 2 new shows are all set to hit your screens today". India Today. Retrieved 1 August 2018.
- "Chakravartin Ashok Samrat actor Sumit Kaul back on TV with supernatural show Nazar". The Times of India. 19 July 2018. Retrieved 20 September 2018.
- Maheshwri, Neha (1 August 2018). "Amardeep Jha joins the cast of 'Nazar'". The Times of India. Retrieved 20 September 2018.
- "Monalisa turns choreographer for 'Nazar'". The Times of India. 15 September 2018. Retrieved 17 September 2018.
- "Madhuri is an inspiration". The Tribune. 18 September 2018. Retrieved 20 September 2018.
- "Ankur Nayyar joins cast of 'Nazar'". The Times of India. 12 July 2018. Retrieved 20 September 2018.
- Gursimran Kaur Banga (31 July 2018). "Nazar review: 'Daayan' Monalisa wants to stay young forever, what worse could fall on us?!". Times of India. Retrieved 1 August 2018.
ref>"Madhuri is an inspiration". The Tribune. 18 September 2018. Retrieved 20 September 2018.