|• Arabic||نزلة عيسى|
|• Type||Village council|
|Name meaning||Nuzlet el Masfy: The place of alighting of the side road|
British Mandate era
In 1945 the population of Nazlat Isa was 380 Muslims, with 2,030 dunams of land according to an official land and population survey. Of this, 684 dunams were for plantations and irrigable land, 750 were used for cereals, while 12 dunams were built-up (urban) land.
In 1961, the population of Nazlet 'Ise was 627.
In 2003, during the Second Intifada, over 60 shops were destroyed by Israeli civil administration bulldozers. The Israeli civil administration claimed that the shops were demolished because they were built without a permit. Palestinians consider Israeli military curfews and property destruction to constitute collective punishment against innocent Palestinians.
According to the Palestinian Central Bureau of Statistics, Nazlat 'Isa had a population of approximately 2,502 inhabitants in mid-year 2006. 8.7% of the population of Nazlat 'Isa were refugees in 1997. The healthcare facilities for Nazlat 'Isa are designated as MOH level 2.
- Palmer, 1881, p. 152
- Dauphin, 1998, p. 755
- Conder and Kitchener, 1882, p. 47
- Barron, 1923, Table XI, Sub-district of Tulkarm, p. 27
- Mills, 1932, p. 56
- Department of Statistics, 1945, p. 21
- Government of Palestine, Department of Statistics. Village Statistics, April, 1945. Quoted in Hadawi, 1970, p. 76
- Government of Palestine, Department of Statistics. Village Statistics, April, 1945. Quoted in Hadawi, 1970, p. 127
- Government of Palestine, Department of Statistics. Village Statistics, April, 1945. Quoted in Hadawi, 1970, p. 177
- Government of Jordan, 1964, p. 27
- "Israelis flatten West Bank shops". BBC News. 21 January 2003. Retrieved 4 January 2010.
- Projected Mid -Year Population for Tulkarm Governorate by Locality 2004- 2006 Palestinian Central Bureau of Statistics.
- Palestinian Population by Locality and Refugee Status Palestinian Central Bureau of Statistics
- Health care Facilities Tulkarm Governorate
- Barron, J. B., ed. (1923). Palestine: Report and General Abstracts of the Census of 1922. Government of Palestine.
- Conder, Claude Reignier; Kitchener, H. H. (1882). The Survey of Western Palestine: Memoirs of the Topography, Orography, Hydrography, and Archaeology. 2. London: Committee of the Palestine Exploration Fund.
- Dauphin, Claudine (1998). La Palestine byzantine, Peuplement et Populations. BAR International Series 726 (in French). III : Catalogue. Oxford: Archeopress. ISBN 0-860549-05-4.
- Department of Statistics (1945). Village Statistics, April, 1945. Government of Palestine.
- Government of Jordan, Department of Statistics (1964). First Census of Population and Housing. Volume I: Final Tables; General Characteristics of the Population (PDF).
- Hadawi, Sami (1970). Village Statistics of 1945: A Classification of Land and Area ownership in Palestine. Palestine Liberation Organization Research Center.
- Mills, E., ed. (1932). Census of Palestine 1931. Population of Villages, Towns and Administrative Areas. Jerusalem: Government of Palestine.
- Palmer, E. H. (1881). The Survey of Western Palestine: Arabic and English Name Lists Collected During the Survey by Lieutenants Conder and Kitchener, R. E. Transliterated and Explained by E.H. Palmer. Committee of the Palestine Exploration Fund.