|Studio album by Nazz|
|Recorded||Late 1968 – Early 1969|
|Label||SGC SD 5004 (original)
|Singles from Nazz III|
|Positive version of cover|
The band disbanded the following year. The songs on the album consisted of tracks recorded in late 1968 and early 1969 for an intended double album, to be titled Fungo Bat. When a single album (Nazz Nazz) was released instead, an album's worth of tracks remained unreleased. Drummer Thom Mooney, who retained possession of the master tapes, was contacted by SGC Records in 1970 and was coerced into allowing the label to listen to the material. Mooney was unaware that the label's intention was to use the recordings for a possible third album in order to capitalize on former Nazz member Todd Rundgren's burgeoning solo career. The label released Nazz III following the release of Rundgren's second solo album, Runt. The Ballad of Todd Rundgren.
At some point during the production process for Nazz III, original vocalist Robert "Stewkey" Antoni overdubbed his vocals on songs which originally featured Rundgren singing. In 2006, Sanctuary Records released Nazz Nazz and Nazz III on a double CD that added several outtakes, including the original versions of songs where Rundgren's vocals were erased.
All songs written by Todd Rundgren except where noted.
- "Some People" - 3:38
- "Only One Winner" - 3:02
- "Kicks" (Barry Mann/Cynthia Weil) - 3:47
- "Resolution" - 2:44
- "It's Not That Easy" - 2:36
- "Old Time Lovemaking" - 2:29
- "Magic Me" - 3:04
- "Loosen Up" (Antoni/Mooney/Rundgren/Van Osten) - 1:24
- "Take the Hand" - 2:15
- "How Can You Call That Beautiful" - 3:39
- "Plenty of Lovin'" (Van Osten)- 3:43
- "Christopher Columbus" (Van Osten) - 3:20
- "You Are My Window" - 6:00
- On five tracks, "Only One Winner"; "Resolution"; "Its Not That Easy"; "Take The Hand"; and "How Can You Call That Beautiful", Stewkey's vocals are overdubbed over Rundgren's.
- Robert "Stewkey" Antoni: keyboards, vocals
- Thom Mooney: drums
- Todd Rundgren: guitar, backing vocals, lead vocal on "You Are My Window"
- Carson Van Osten: bass, vocals
- Erlewine, Stephen Thomas (2013). "Nazz III - The Nazz | AllMusic". allmusic.com. Retrieved 7 July 2013.
- Sanctuary Records, liner notes for Nazz Nazz/Nazz 3: The Fungo Bat Sessions (2006)