Ndawula of Buganda
|Ssekabaka Ndawula Nsobya|
|Kabaka of Buganda|
|Reign||1724 - 1734|
|Predecessor||Tebandeke of Buganda|
|Successor||Kagulu of Buganda|
|Spouse||1. Lady Nabisubi
2. Lady Naggujja
3. Lady Nakikulwe
4. Lady Nakidde Luyiga
5. Lady Nakyomubi
6. Lady Nampanga
7. Lady Nazzaluno
|Father||Juuko of Buganda|
|Mother||Namasole Nandawula Kabengano|
Claim to the throne
He was the fifth (5th) son of Kabaka Juuko Mulwaana, Kabaka of Buganda, who reigned between 1680 and 1690. His mother was Nandawula Kabengano of the Nsenene clan, the fifth (5th) of his father's six (6) wives. He ascended to the throne upon the death of his cousin. He established his capital at Lubaga.
He is reported to have married seven (7) wives:
- Nabisubi, daughter of Namenyeka of the Mamba clan
- Naggujja, daughter of Mukalo, of the Njovu clan
- Nakikulwe Namirembe, daughter of Kayindi
- Nakidde Luyiga, daughter of Segiriinya, of the Ngo clan
- Nakyomubi, daughter of Gabunga, of the Mamba clan.
- Nampanga, daughter of Gunju, of the Butiko clan
- Nazzaluno, daughter of Walusimbi, of the Ffumbe clan
Kabaka Ndawula is reported to have fathered ten (10) children; eight (8) sons and two (2) daughters:
- Kabaka Kagulu Tebukywereke Ntambi, Kabaka of Buganda, who reigned between 1734 and 1744, whose mother was Naggujja
- Prince (Omulangira) Musanje Golooba, whose mother was Nakidde Luyiga.
- Prince Musanje Golooba married three wives: (a) Bawuna, daughter of Magunda, of the Ffumbe clan (b) Nabulya Naluggwa, daughter of Lutalo, of the Ndiga clan and (c) Namirembe, daughter of Sematengo, of the Ndiga clan. He fathered four (4) sons: (a) Kabaka Mwanga I Sebanakitta, Kabaka of Buganda, who reigned between 1740 and 1741, whose mother was Nabulya Naluggwa (b) Kabaka Namuggala Kagali, Kabaka of Buganda, who reigned between 1741 and 1750, whose mother was Nabulya Naluggwa (c) Kabaka Kyabaggu Kabinuli, Kabaka of Buganda, who reigned between 1750 and 1780, whose mother was Nabulya Naluggwa and (d) Prince (Omulangira) Kayondo, whose mother was Namirembe. Prince Musanje Golooba was executed on the orders of his half-brother Kabaka Kagulu Tebukywereke for the murder of Prince (Omulangira) Luyenje.
- Kabaka Mawanda Sebanakitta, Kabaka of Buganda, who ruled between 1738 and 1740, whose mother was Nakidde Luyiga
- Kabaka Kikulwe Mawuba, Kabaka of Buganda, who reigned between 1736 and 1738, whose mother was Nakikulwe
- Prince (Omulangira) Segaamwenge
- Prince (Omulangira) Luyenje. He was killed by his half-brother, Prince Musanje.
- Prince (Omulangira) Ndege, whose mother was Nakidde Luyiga
- Prince (Omulangira) Bezzaluno, whose mother was Nazzaluno
- Princess (Omumbejja) Ndege, Nassolo.
- Princess (Omumbejja) Kyomubi, whose mother was Nakyomubi
The final years
|King of Buganda