||It has been suggested that this article be merged into MySQL Cluster. (Discuss) Proposed since October 2016.|
NDB Cluster is the distributed database system underlying MySQL Cluster. It can be used independently of a MySQL Server with users accessing the Cluster via the NDB API (C++). "NDB" stands for Network Database.
- SQL parsing / optimising / execution capability
- Cross-table join mechanism
- User authentication and authorisation
- Asynchronous data replication to other systems
-  The MySQL Cluster API Developer Guide