|Birth name||Nduduzo Makhathini|
|Born||24 September 1982|
Umgungundlovu, Pietermaritzburg, South Africa
|Occupation(s)||Composer, pianist, teacher, philosopher|
Nduduzo Makhathini (born 24 September 1982) is a South African jazz musician from Umgungundlovu, Pietermaritzburg, South Africa. Coming from a musical family, his love for music began at an early age. Makhathini has performed with Zim Ngqawana, Feya Feku, McCoy Mrubata. Nduduzo completed his Diploma in Jazz Piano in 2005.
Awards and honors
Makhathini is the recipient of the 2015 Standard Bank Young Artist Award in the category of Jazz. This is part of the National Arts Festival. At the 2017 All Africa Music Awards, Makhathini won the Best Jazz Artist award.
- Mother Tongue (Gundu, 2014) with Sakhile Simani, Mthunzi Mvubu, Linda Sikhakhane, Ariel Zamonsky, Benjamin Jeptha, Ayanda Sikade
- Sketches of Tomorrow (Gundu, 2014) with Sakhile Simani, Mthunzi Mvubu, Jonathan Crossley, Ayanda Sikade
- Listening to the Ground (Gundu, 2015)
- Matunda Ya Kwanza (Gundu, 2015)
- Icilongo – The African Peace Suite (Gundu, 2016) with Sakhile Moleshe, Justin Bellairs, Shabaka Hutchings, Benjamin Jeptha, Ayanda Sikade
- Inner Dimensions - Umgidi Trio & One Voice Vocal Ensemble (2016) with Fabien Iannone, Dominic Egli, Lisette Spinnler, Jule Fahrer
- Ikhambi (Universal South Africa, 2018)
- Advertorial. "Nduduzo Makhathini: SBYAA for Jazz". The M&G Online.
- "Nduduzo Makhathini".
- "Nduduzo Makhathini". Hermanus Fynarts Festival.
- Setumo-Thebe Mohlomi. "Nduduzo Makhathini finds the gift of healing in song". The M&G Online.
- "The rising star of South African jazz". BBC. 28 June 2018. Retrieved 31 October 2018.