N'Dour (also Ndure, Ndour, or Ndur ) is a typical Gambian and Senegalese patronym of the Serer people. They are the same people but because the French colonised Senegal and the British colonised the Gambia, there are variations in spelling but pronounced the same way. They share the same surname with the 15th century Serer King of Saloum Maat Saloum Mbegani Ndour (reigned from 1494) also known as Mbegan Ndour.
People surnamed N'Dour/Ndure include :
- Alassane N'Dour (born 1981), Senegalese football player
- Youssou N'Dour (born 1959), Senegalese singer and percussionist
- Viviane Ndour, Senegalese singer and sister-in-law of Youssou N"Dour
- Abdou Ndure, US based Software Developer of Gambian origin.
- N'Dour (JoJo's Bizarre Adventure), a fictional character appearing in JoJo's Bizarre Adventure
- École pratique des hautes études (France). Section des sciences économiques et sociales, Ecole des hautes études en sciences sociales. Cahiers d'études africaines, Volume 41, Issues 163-164, p542. Mouton., 2001. ISBN 2-7132-1394-0
- Godfrey Mwakikagile. The Gambia and Its People: Ethnic Identities and Cultural Integration in Africa, p136. ISBN 9987-16-023-9
|This page or section lists people with the surname N'Dour. If an internal link intending to refer to a specific person led you to this page, you may wish to change that link by adding the person's given name(s) to the link.|