|Description||neXtProt: exploring the universe of human proteins|
|Research center||Swiss Institute of Bioinformatics|
|Primary citation||Gaudet, et al. (2016)|
|License||Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivs|
|Data: 3 to 4 times per year|
|Curation policy||Yes - manual and automatic|
|Yes - individual protein entries views and searches|
neXtProt is an on-line knowledge platform on human proteins. It strives to be a comprehensive resource that provides a variety of types of information on human proteins, such as their function, subcellular location, expression, interactions and role in diseases. Currently, the major part of the information in neXtProt  is obtained from the UniProt Swiss-Prot database but it is complemented by data originating from high-throughput studies with an emphasis on proteomics. neXtProt offers also an advanced search capacity based on the SPARQL technology as well as an API that allows to programatically extract the data stored in the resource. It is developed by the CALIPHO group directed by Amos Bairoch and Lydie Lane of the Swiss Institute of Bioinformatics (SIB).
- Gaudet, P; Michel, PA; Zahn-Zabal, M; Britan, A; Cusin, I; Domagalski, M; Duek, PD; Gateau, A; Gleizes, A; Hinard, V; de Laval, VR; Lin, J; Nikitin, F; Schaeffer, M; Teixeira, D; Lane, L; Bairoch, A (29 November 2016). "The neXtProt knowledgebase on human proteins: 2017 update.". Nucleic acids research. PMID 27899619.
- Lane Lydie (2012). "neXtProt: a knowledge platform for human proteins". Nucleic Acids Research. 40 (Database issue): D76–D83. PMC . PMID 22139911. doi:10.1093/nar/gkr1179.
- CALIPHO group, on the web site of the SIB
- neXtProt - Exploring the universe of human proteins
- UniProt - The Universal protein resource
- SIB - The Swiss Institute of Bioinformatics
- GitHub directory for neXtProt code
- Perl neXtProt Module - Perl Object interface to neXtProt REST API.
|This bioinformatics-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|