Ne Kunda Nlaba
Ne Kunda Nlaba (born 1982 in Kinshasa in Democratic Republic of the Congo) is a Congolese Film Producer, Director, Screenwriter, Actor, and Political scientist. He is the owner and C.E.O of his film production Labson Bizizi-cine Kongo Ltd, and the film distribution company, Afrika Bizizi Distribution Ltd and creator of Bizizi Box.|
Ne Kunda Nlaba started his career in art since he was a very little child by performing in plays and doing poetry at primary school and secondary school in Kinshasa in D.R.Congo where he won some best actor trophies from school drama competitions and then started directing and giving drama training at age 16 to pupils from Baraka primary school in Kinshasa where he also won prizes for Best director and best performance with plays he wrote such “Cri de Détresse et d’Espoir” and “L’Ivresse du Tresor”.
He made his first film appearance as lead actor in a short film “Un Virus A L’Ecole” directed by Alain Ndontoni in 1998 in Kinshasa.
He performed in several plays and storytelling including "Shella" 1998 "Pasteur Contre Evangéliste" 1999 with Heaven Boyz theatre company, "Cri de Détresse et d’Espoir " 2005 "Nsengane" (Tale) 2007 with his own theatre company Virunga Theatre and also participated in the creation of contemporary dance shows such as "Na Nini? “and "Bataille Sans Fin" with Diba Dance company of choreographer Jean-Marie Musungayi while also working Production Manager for the same Contemporary Dance Company.
He founded his theater company, Virunga Theatre and a Cultural Centre called Labson Cultur'arts in Kinshasa in 2004, and then created Festival Solo or Mosi, a one man show performance festival which had its first edition in 2005 and the second edition in 2007 in Kinshasa.
In 2006, Ne Kunda Nlaba started working with Canal 5 television channel as a marketing/sale agent and presenter, and then joined Mbongi'Eto Cultural Centre with the griot Ne Nkamu Luyindula and also the project Kiamvu-Le Pont as a Communication Officer while working still as an actor.
In 2007, he founded his film production company Labson Bizizi-Cine Kongo and began his film career in Kinshasa and produced his first short horror film "The Next" in 2009 in London, a year after he moved to United Kingdom and his first documentary “The Steel Pan: The Spiritual musical Instrument of the 20th Century” in 2010 which was screened at Montreal Black Film Festival in Montreal in Canada in 2011, and produced his first drama feature film “Cherie Bondowe” in 2012 while studying Film Production and Film Studies at University of West London.
In 2015, he established his new film distribution company in London, Afrika Bizizi Distribution Ltd dedicates in the distribution of high quality and professional African films made by African filmmakers from Africa and from the Diaspora and also films about Africa produced by non African filmmakers.
Throughout his career path from theatre, rap, contemporary dance, photography to radio and television; Ne Kunda Nlaba associates all this experience gained from his long journey to express his vision of the world and also connect not only with the African public, but also with the world public through his films.
- The Next (2009)
- The Steel Pan (2010)
- Living without Living (2011)
- Cherie Bondowe (2012)
- Kimpa Vita: The Mother of African Revolution(2015)
- Abeti Masikini: Le Combat d'Une Femme(2014)
- Afro Beat (2016)
- Free film screening: CineKongo by Ne Kunda Nlaba | The Vauxhall Society
- Free film screening: work by Ne Kunda Nlaba - Stockwell News | Stockwell News
- Empowered refugee and asylum seeker leaders of change - FOREIGNERS IN UK
- Migrants campaigning for change
- La Bande D'Annonce Du Film "Kimpa Vita: La Mere De La Revolution Africaine" - Blog De Bayindo-Bolamuka
- 2013 -B- FORUMS ET HORAIRE CONGRES.pdf - Fichier PDF
- Chérie Bondowe (2012) Trailer & Filminfos | Filme-Movies.de
- Diaspora - O desenvolvimento… - O MPLA na Suiça… - Mambo Café:… - Pub Spéciale 1er… - 11 de Novembro de… - Le blog de fara
- Very nice documentary about the evolution of the Steelpan!
- Bareface Films | barefacefilms: Bareface Film Club showcased
- "CHERIE BONDOWE" A NE KUNDA NLABA FEATURE FILM - Blog de labsonbizizi-cinekongo
- Kimpa Vita mere de la revolution africaine | La Rue Meurt Magazine
- "Africultures - Fiche film : Abeti Masikini, Le Combat d'une Femme". Retrieved 25 October 2014.