Nea Anchialos National Airport
Nea Aghialos National Airport
Κρατικός Αερολιμένας Νέας Αγχιάλου
Volos Central Greece Airport
Volos Nea Agchialos Airport of Central Greece
|Elevation AMSL||83 ft / 25 m|
Nea Aghialos National Airport (Greek: Κρατικός Αερολιμένας Νέας Αγχιάλου) (IATA: VOL, ICAO: LGBL) is an airport located near the town of Nea Anchialos in Greece. It serves the city of Volos and is also known as Volos Central Greece Airport or Volos Nea Anchialos Airport of Central Greece.
The airport resides at an elevation of 83 feet (25 m) above mean sea level. It has one runway designated 08/26 with an asphalt surface measuring 2,759 by 45 metres (9,052 ft × 148 ft). It is designed to be upgraded over the ensuing years in order to accommodate the increase in air travel and its upgrades are planned in a six-phase framework. It currently has one terminal.
The airport is developed by public partnership and began operation on February 1991. It is the only civilian airport that serves the cities of Volos, Lamia, Larisa, Farsala, Trikala, and Karditsa. The airport is located between the towns of Nea Anchialos, Almyros, Velestino and Farsala, about 24 kilometres (13 NM) southwest of downtown Volos, in the Magnesia regional unit, in Thessaly.
Airlines and destinations
|Austrian Airlines||Seasonal: Vienna|
|Condor||Seasonal: Düsseldorf, Munich|
|Transavia||Seasonal charter: Amsterdam|
|Transavia France||Seasonal charter: Paris–Orly|
- "NEA ANCHIALOS AIRPORT". ypa.gr. Retrieved 10 June 2016.
- Airport information for LGBL from DAFIF (effective October 2006)
- Airport information for VOL at Great Circle Mapper. Source: DAFIF (effective October 2006).
- "Volos Airport: About Us". Archived from the original on 29 May 2011. Retrieved 18 April 2011.
Nea Anchialos National Airport operated for the first time in 1991.
- "Κρατικός Αερολιμένας Νέας Αγχιάλου". Retrieved 15 April 2010.
- "Direct flights to Volos". schiphol.nl. Retrieved 29 May 2015.
- Hellenic Civil Aviation Authority: Greek Airports Archived 2007-10-10 at the Wayback Machine